We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glowny-Balice train

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Glowny-Balice train

After doing a bit of research I know it will be relatively easy for me to buy a ticket from Balice to the main station, but I realise the main station will be a lot larger and not so easy to navigate! Is there a ticket machine like at balice where I can easily buy a ticket or will I have to attempt to buy one from a real ticket counter?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Glowny-Balice train

When travelling from the airport into Krakow you can buy your ticket from the conductor on the train. When going back to Krakow, I seem to remember that there was a machine on the platform that you catch the train to the airport from. If this is not working then get your ticket from a counter. If you try to get one from the conductor on the train going to the airport you'll pay a surcharge.

KRAKOW
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Glowny-Balice train

Hi,

here you have a schedule:

krakowairport.pl/…train.html

There is no problem to buy a ticket in a train. It costs 6PLN (app 1 GBP) in there...

Enjoy

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Glowny-Balice train

Hi

From Balice to krakow at the airport just between toilets and information desk is a ticket machine

But in krakow You should buy it from a living person

so small polish lesson:)

"jeden bilet do balic" {yeden beelet do Balic}

one ticket to Balice

or just say Balice and smile :)

(the ticket sellers are generally not speaking english)

Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz :)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
384 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glowny-Balice train

Unless you fancy testing our your polish as suggested above (fun, but maybe not too productive!) or trying to make sense of ticket machines, I would recommend buying your ticket from the conductor on the train both ways. We did so in November and the price varied slightly depending on which direction we travelled, but it's so cheap compared to English trains it doesn't really matter! We paid 16zl total for the 2 of us, both times we had to go from the town to the airport (twice due to a cancelled flight) and a bit more from airport to town for some reason, but 16zl is £3.20 (ie £1.60 per person) for the 30min journey, so if it includes a surcharge as one of the posts above suggested, it's only going to be a matter of pence!

5. Re: Glowny-Balice train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Krakow