We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis in Oswiecim

Which Oswiecim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis in Oswiecim

Anybody know the cost of taxis in Oswiecim? How much does it cost to go short distances of 3km, 5 km? Are they plentiful and easy to catch in a small town like Oswiecim?

Oswiecim, Poland
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis in Oswiecim

Hi,

I don't think you should worry about it. Oświęcim is really not that small and there are several taxi companies that you can call and ask for a ride - both from Oświęcim and from nearby cities like Bielsko-Biała (these are the numbers that I found in my mobile phone: 338111111, 507067696, 3319191, 8423083, 338422714; you can also "google" and check for yourself if there are any other results).

Morover, the main taxi stops are located on Powstańców Śląskich Street (next to the train station), Plac Kościuszki (city center) and on Śniadeckiego Street

(next to the Oświęcim's Cultural Center, heart of the Chemist's District).

Hope it helps,

Jan.

Oswiecim, Poland
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis in Oswiecim

And as for the costs - I don't remember exactly, but it shouldn't rather be higher than 5 PLN/km (at least the cost for a ride from the train station to Auschwitz Museum is 15 PLN and the distance between them - approximately 3 kilometers).

Edited: 9:29 am, August 09, 2012
3. Re: Taxis in Oswiecim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, April 28, 2015