We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions about Sopot.....

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions about Sopot.....

Hi, me and my girlfriend are visiting Sopot in mid April for a weekend. We have visited Krakow before and loved it so fancied somewhere different.

Is there plenty going on regarding nightlife and restraunts? Are there plenty of bars around? Also we are looking for a tradiontal Polish restraunt to eat at, any one have any recommendations that would be great!!

Also, we plan to visit Gdansk for the day, is it easy enough to get to by train from Sopot?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks Ryan

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
817 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions about Sopot.....

Getting to Gdansk from Sopot - that's a breeze, use the SKM (commuter trains). Remember to validate the tickets.

Sopot is the social hub of the TriCity - lots of restaurants. It's also the party town of Poland, so plenty of bars on the main "street". I usually go for fish when I'm there. In the "Opera Forest" - away from the beach, there's a mountain-themed restaurant with hearty Polish meaty fares.

Enjoy yourselves!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions about Sopot.....

Thanks for the quick response!!

Ill have to check that restraunt out. Is there any nice restraunts that serve Polish Dumplings and the potato goulash i think its called? Just we had a fantastic meal in Krakow and looking for something similar!!

Also, is it roughly the same price as Krakow? And what do you think the weather will be like mid April?! Shorts maybe?!

Thanks again

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions about Sopot.....

Hi,

You can get Polish dumplings in many restaurants and bars either in Sopot or in Gdansk.

I haven't heard in Gdansk abt potatoe goulash but very popular are potatoes cakes (placki ziemniaczane), thick potatoe soup ( zupa ziemniaczana), goulash with potatoes (gulasz z ziemniakami) or forcemeat potatoe crocguettes (krokiety nadziewane mięsem) .

Kind regards

Malgorzata

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions about Sopot.....

Thats brillaint, thanks for your help.

What is the weather like around mid April? Short weather??!!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
817 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions about Sopot.....

Shorts or not, it depends on how hardy you are :-)

I would definitely have some warmer layer handy especially in the mornings and evenings when the thermometer readings can be much lower.

Food prices are comparable to Krakow.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few questions about Sopot.....

If the sun is out, the shorts will be on, haha!

Thanks for your help!!

Preston, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A few questions about Sopot.....

Shorts are advised only if you have large muscly legs. If not this may offend the locals, so do take care with the length of your shorts. Grey hair is considered to be sacred in poland so do be sure to show it off. Also it is normal for people to run away from you making loud noises this is normal so don't be alarmed, this means they wish well to your family and friends.

have fun ;-)

8. Re: A few questions about Sopot.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sopot
More Sopot Topics