We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Open'er festival - Stay Gdansk, Travel to Gdynia daily

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Open'er festival - Stay Gdansk, Travel to Gdynia daily

Hi Can anyone advise if it is realistic to stay in Gdansk for the open'er festival?

Would it be possible to get the train (do they run late) back after the festival has ended each day. I am not sure how late the artists finish but guess it would be about midnight so is their a train back about 1am from Gdynia?

Thanks

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Open'er festival - Stay Gdansk, Travel to Gdynia daily

I was at the Festival three years ago and we stayed in Gdansk. There were special buses that took people from the Festival area to Gdynia centre and from there we could take a night SKM train - I remember that there were some extra trains running then. But we left the Festival a bit earlier than most people, the last concert wasn't really interesting for us so we just left and that's why there were no crowds on our shuttle bus and on train.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Open'er festival - Stay Gdansk, Travel to Gdynia daily

Hello

Thank you for the information. Can I just ask if you remember what time (roughly) the headline bands were due to be finished? was it very late i.e. 2am in the morning?

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Open'er festival - Stay Gdansk, Travel to Gdynia daily

If I remember well, the last concert was scheduled to start at 2 am (The Prodigy)... But it was 3 years ago so I might be wrong.

Leeds
Level Contributor
32 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Open'er festival - Stay Gdansk, Travel to Gdynia daily

I've not been before but have been doing some online searching in advance of our trip, and it looks like much later finishes than we're used to at uk festivals. first act doesn't usually go on til 4pm and runs 'til around 3am ish according to the NME.

5. Re: Open'er festival - Stay Gdansk, Travel to Gdynia daily

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Gdansk