We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Polish Christmas Customs

Parker, Colorado
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Polish Christmas Customs

My husband and I have traveled to Poland many times throughout the year and may be there during Christmas holidays. I was just wondering if there were any particular polish christmas customs, partly out of curiosity and partly just to be aware of things when we do plan for our travel.

Also, anyone know of any events/activities in the Tri-City during that time?

Krakow, Poland
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Polish Christmas Customs

It's hard for me to advise you on the Christmas period in Tri-city but I am sure many things are going on there...

You can read an article on Krakow Christmas period:

everydaykrakow.com/Krakow/Articles/Christmas…

and I am sure you will find there things that are also valid for all the towns in Poland.

Good luck!

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Polish Christmas Customs

Here you have a nice description of Polish typical Christmas:

polishamericancenter.org/Polish_Christmas_Cu…

and also here:

…colum.edu/users/…polxmas.html

and then here:

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Christmas_traditi…

and some here:

www.polstore.com/html/polishchristmas.html

3. Re: Polish Christmas Customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 10, 2009