We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Days in Poland (Winter)

New York
Level Contributor
966 posts
214 reviews
147 helpful votes
5 Days in Poland (Winter)

Greetings all,

As part of our European trip this Christmas, we will be stopping in Poland to visit relatives in Dobre. Ideally we'd like a snapshot of this beautiful country in only 5 days. We are happy to take overnight trains to save time.

Would it be possible to do Warsaw-Krakow with possibly another stop? We are looking at Poznan, Torun, and Wroclaw (companion has seen Lublin, and we'd like to incorporate a new sight for him). Is this at all feasible?

Thank you in advance!

6 replies to this topic
New York
Level Contributor
966 posts
214 reviews
147 helpful votes
1. Re: 5 Days in Poland (Winter)

Original post intended to Include Lodz, as it appears it is a hub for the train as well. Thanks all!

Hawaii
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: 5 Days in Poland (Winter)

It would be helpful if you let us know whether you have 5 full days (6 nights) or only 4 full days (5 nights). Also, is you visit in Dobre included or excluded in the 5 days you have?

New York
Level Contributor
966 posts
214 reviews
147 helpful votes
3. Re: 5 Days in Poland (Winter)

Thank you for the reply! It will be 4 nights. The trip to Dobre is only for a few hours as the relatives are not Anglophones and we do not speak Polish :)

Hawaii
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: 5 Days in Poland (Winter)

Well then your visit in Dobre should be interesting :) Sign language should help tho! Anyways, going back to your itinerary..I really don't think that with 4 nights you have time to stay in 3 different locations. It's just going to be train after train after train and really not much sightseeing and enjoying your vacation. I also just noticed that there is 7 villages in Poland called Dobre (go figure!). Hopefully 'yours' is the one close to Warsaw (about 20 miles or so) so you won't have to travel too far to the city. This is what I would do:

Day 1: visit relatives in Dobre and take a bus to Warsaw (they are called PKS). Overnight in Warsaw

Day 2: sightseeing in Warsaw and late train to Krakow (the last one leaves at 9pm and takes less than 3h). Note: this is going to be a long day.

Day 3: sightseeing in Krakow

Day 4: more of Krakow or (this is what I would do) day trip to Zakopane. It's a very cute (and admittedly very touristy) town in Polish mountains Tatry. The scenery is very nice as it's surrounded by snow capped mountains. There is a ton of buzzing bars with live music and highlanders culture, horses pulling sledges on the roads. I think it would give you totally different experience than big cities such as Warsaw and Krakow. The bus takes around 2h one way, but it's a nice drive thru the countryside. Alternatively if you don't want to venture that far you could visit Wieliczka Salt Mine on a day trip (although my preference would be Zakopane).

Day 5: more of Krakow and departure

Hope that helps!

Hawaii
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
13 helpful votes
5. Re: 5 Days in Poland (Winter)

EDIT: In English the mountains in Zakopane are called Tatra Mountains.

New York
Level Contributor
966 posts
214 reviews
147 helpful votes
6. Re: 5 Days in Poland (Winter)

Amazing advice, thank you!

Reply to: 5 Days in Poland (Winter)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted