We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow to Ostrava via tigerexpress.eu

Rotterdam, The...
2 posts
Save Topic
Krakow to Ostrava via tigerexpress.eu

I'm trying to get to Ostrava from Krakow for the 24th of June, and I saw that there is a company called tigerexpress that provides a minibus service for about 12 euros, does anyone know if this is a legitimate company? I can't find any reviews of them online. If not, are there other ways to get to Ostrava? Preferably cheap options!

Thanks!

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow to Ostrava via tigerexpress.eu

Sure, they are legit. They even cooperate with Student Agency, which is a very reputable company. You can actually buy the tickets directly on the Student Agency website www.studentagency.eu, although the cost there is 20 €. The trip takes about 3 1/2 hours.

The train takes 4 1/2 hours and requires a change in Katowice for all trains except for the night trains.

Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow to Ostrava via tigerexpress.eu

Right now that is the best option to go from Ostrava to Krakow. I took it two times and everything is ok. Price is 20€ but it is cheaper if you pay in CZK, and price for train to Katowice is about 14€ and than you need to take bus from Katowice to Krakow for several euros so it is better to take direct line from Ostrava to Krakow for 20€. They have free wi-fi and the water in the offer.

Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow to Ostrava via tigerexpress.eu

Right now that is the best option to go from Ostrava to Krakow. I took it two times and everything was fine. Price is 20€ but it is cheaper if you pay in CZK. Since the price for the train Ostrava-Katowice is about 14€ and than you need to take bus from Katowice to Krakow for several euros, it is better to take direct line from Ostrava to Krakow for 20€. They have free wi-fi and the water in the offer.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow to Ostrava via tigerexpress.eu

I'm doing this trip on the exact same day! But my destination is Prague.

No problem, TigerExpress is a reliable company I think. It cooperates with polrail.com, which is a reputable train service website in Poland. Also the price sounds like a real bargain to me, so don't hesitate:)

Krakow, Poland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow to Ostrava via tigerexpress.eu

How to get this mini bus ticket. Because I am trying to buy tickets, it only shows train tickets which are very costly

Krakow, Poland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krakow to Ostrava via tigerexpress.eu

and is there any alternative to TigerExpress

Edited: 6:14 am, June 28, 2015
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krakow to Ostrava via tigerexpress.eu

www.le.cz

8. Re: Krakow to Ostrava via tigerexpress.eu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 16, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Ostrava
More Ostrava Topics