We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cessky Budejovice to Brno-track interruptions?

Which Brno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
151 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Cessky Budejovice to Brno-track interruptions?

Hello! Last minute help needed...unexpectedly found myself in Cesky Budejovice due to shuttle misunderstanding in Cesky Krumlov. I'm going to Brno in the morning and hopefully by train. When I check the online schedule it seems there is a track interruption warning. From what I can tell (using online translation) going from here to Brno is fine. I know there's a Brno expert on this forum so I'm hoping he'll weigh on. After today's events I need to be double sure of my travel plans. Thank you!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,293 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cessky Budejovice to Brno-track interruptions?

The way I read the notice, only trains coming from south on track number 244 will be affected, but not trains coming from west (i.e. Ceske Budejovice) on track number 240...so there should not be any buses.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,398 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cessky Budejovice to Brno-track interruptions?

It'll be a bonus if there isn't one then :)

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
151 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cessky Budejovice to Brno-track interruptions?

I just arrived in Brno and not a bus transfer to be had! The train didn't haves first class when I got on but could have acquired one somewhere along the way. My second class seat was fine and the arrival time was spot on. I'm ready to explore now!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,293 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cessky Budejovice to Brno-track interruptions?

Happiness then, enjoy Brno!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,398 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cessky Budejovice to Brno-track interruptions?

The first class only takes up half of one of the carriages (usually the first or last one), but glad you made it without any buses.

Enjoy!

16. Re: Cessky Budejovice to Brno-track interruptions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 10, 2013