We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A big thank you to GCEK

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,974 posts
Save Topic
A big thank you to GCEK

Just want to thank the Brno destination expert GCEK for his wonderful hospitallity over the couple of days I recently spent in Brno, he is a real lovely man and spent a lot of time with me showing me the city , taking me to bars and resturants i would never have found myself and introducing me so some of his wonderful friends.I was a truely memeroble experience,Thanks.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,075 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A big thank you to GCEK

You are welcome - it was great to meet you at last, and I am glad you enjoyed it!

I have been having a similar experience in Romania. We sought out a little village in the middle of the mountains (Rovensko - http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rovensko_(Ban%C3%A1t) ) which is populated by Czechs whose forefathers settled there about 200 years ago. It was a really humbling experience to find these people and to experience their hospitality, plus it was amazing to speak Czech with them - they are really completely cut off from all civilisation (it took 2 hours to get there from the 'main road', which is itself isolated, on a broken dirt track through the forest) and it is a hard life, but it is in an idyllic situation.

Edited: 5:02 pm, June 02, 2012
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,974 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A big thank you to GCEK

sounds like real fun, thanks again.

I was drinking the homemade Silovice your friend gave me last night and comparing it to some of the commercial stuff.............. well no comparison but the girlfriend had tears streaming out her eyes drinking the homemade one.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,075 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A big thank you to GCEK

Well if it came from Sucháč (the guy who gave it to you) then that is par for the course :)

4. Re: A big thank you to GCEK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Brno