We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boys weekend in Brno

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Boys weekend in Brno

My husband is organising a Stag weekend in Brno and is looking for suggestions for daytime activities. The lads are in their mid to late 30s and not looking for the "typical" stag of strip clubs, however nor are they a bunch of culture vultures and I can't see them visiting art museums. Just needing something fun and diverting to stop them spending the entire time sampling the local ales ....

West Malling
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boys weekend in Brno

When are they going ?

I am going for my stag there in a week so can tell you more on return

All we have booked is ak47 shooting

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boys weekend in Brno

They will be there at the end of March, for three nights. They were looking into shooting but I don't know if they have heard about ak47 shooting, I'm sure they would be up for that!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,341 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boys weekend in Brno

Saberine - There is plenty to do in the way of museums, churches, etc., and you can rest assured that even if they were looking for 'typical' stag activities (which of course no stag party is after, judging from 90% of similar posts :)), most places in Brno have become wary of groups of British men over the past couple of years and sorted that problem out for you, i.e. banned them.

If you look through the Brno forum there is lots of information - like Vienna it is a largely cafe culture, but next week it will be quieter than usual as the temperatures are going to be well into the minus numbers and possibly plenty of snow, so most people will sensibly stay at home or go skiing at the weekend.

Normally if your group is larger than 6 or so you will have problems finding anywhere to sit (there is no standing) as the majority of places are small or under the ground. It is not best suited for stag parties wanting to do the 'typical' activities - you need to go somewhere like Blackpool or Magaluf, etc., for that - but for culture, architecture and history it is great. It certainly isn't party central - Ostrava is the place to go if you want that sort of thing, but go in the summer, not when it is -20C.

As long as you keep the noise down when outside (there are strict rules about that) and behave yourselves, you'll be fine - also remember that the best places are not in the centre - not many people actually go to the city centre to go to the pub, preferring to go out locally with friends, and you might find it very quiet - nothing like an English city. But seek and ye shall find. If you want to let your hair down a bit, then Tabarin (but they have a strict no Brits door policy - they will ask as you enter), or else maybe Mersey which is a couple of miles out by tram on Minska, or Fleda http://fleda.cz/ - again a couple of trams stops away from the centre.

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Blackpool
Blackpool
Lancashire, UK
West Malling
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boys weekend in Brno

Hi Saberine,

Just returned from my Brno stag so thought I would contact you.

Had a great time,flew by Ryanair from Stansted which was ok and booked hotel/shooting and transfers with stag company over there which was all excellent(I can get name if you need).VERY cold over there then,think it has warmed up now,it was about -17 in night and -8 during day.It is/was pretty quiet during daytime and is not a touristy place as other cities are but food and drink are superb and very cheap,we all spent around £125 each over 3 days out there!!!!.There is a spots bar over if interested in drinking while watching english games and bars/clubs for nightime but some are hard to find.I would recommend eating at a tapas bar call something like El picanxo which is just off main street.Wicked food and 8 bottles red wine done between 6 of us and thats after lots of beers!!.Charlies hat is good bar/club and is open almost 24/7.

Anything else I can help with hit me back but your fella should have a great time.

Defo go shooting and do as many guns as poss.

Regards

Parry

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Boys weekend in Brno

Parry,

I am in charge of organising a stag do in October and have been looking at Brno. There will be around 12 of us aged 25-30. Been reading through all the forums and seem to be geting mixed opinions. Is the night life as GCEK describes ? or did you find it any different ?

Regards,

Rory

West Malling
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boys weekend in Brno

We had no problems anywhere but most bars are quite small and get very busy so larger parties may struggle to get in .

It was perfect for us as smaller party and we didn't want a totally mad place,saying that we still got smashed and had cool time.

Have a look at Riga if you haven't yet as may be better ?

Any further questions hit me back

Regards

Parry

7. Re: Boys weekend in Brno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, April 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Brno
Recent Conversations