We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer Drinkers Questions!

Which Brno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
788 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Beer Drinkers Questions!

Ok, so, Prague - Done. After 6 visits its time to head out of the Capital and venture horizons new with one thing on our minds.......BEER!

Have looked on here for places to eat and drink but i really want some advise on where to stay. Basically i have 3 rooms booked at the moment. 1 in the Pegas Hotel, 1 in the Ricc Hotel and one in the Grandhotel. I want to be as central as possible but i imagine its a smaller place than Prague(?) so walking around is not an issue.

Not going with the wife so the qualiry of the hotel isnt too much of an issue as me and my mate would prefer spending money!

The type of pub i want is like the Black Ox in Prague so any suggestions would be great. I'm a huge fan of Kozel too but not sure if thats freely available in Brno?

Just so you know we are not louts, just beer drinkers who love the Czech way of brewing!

Hythe, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer Drinkers Questions!

BUMP!

Looks like the experts not bothering to answer. I'd love to know as well..... Although not a Kozel sort of bloke happy with Cerna Hora and Stare Brno.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,888 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer Drinkers Questions!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274707-i96-k407…

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer Drinkers Questions!

Very interested to see a reply on this topic. Would also like to know if Brno is now considered to be firmly on the UK stag do list. Would hate to turn up to another fantastic city only to have lots of idiots in all the bars and pubs. Such a shame that so many great locations now going this way.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,265 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer Drinkers Questions!

Thank goodness - no. The good people of Brno would not put up with it. I have seen a couple of sorry-looking groups but as the best places to go are well-hidden, and not conducive to stag parties anyway, at least not the sort that have blighted Bratislava, for example. But as Bratislava hasn't got a lot going for it anyway they took the gamble of marketing itself as a stag party venue initially (or at least didn't discourage it), and the reputation stuck. Brno has a lot more to it, which in turn attracts a better class of tourists.

Edited: 8:58 am, December 20, 2010
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer Drinkers Questions!

GCEK, thanks for the feedback. Dont get me wrong, I like to go and have a beer or several and have a good time but would prefer to mix with the locals rather than hordes of British guys on stag do's. I have also been to Bratislava a few times on business, the first couple of times were great, however the last occassion, probably 4-5 years ago, the Brits were turning up in larger numbers and the scene and the attitude of people had unfortunately changed. The same can be said for Prague, Ljubljana, Tallinn, Krakow, Warsaw, etc!!

Do you have any resources that are useful for finding some of the Brno cellar bars and out of the way places you have previously mentioned? Looking to visit in April, so just doing some advance research. Do you think this is a good month?

Thanks

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,265 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer Drinkers Questions!

Go to the link in answer no. 2 above and all your questions will be answered. The chances of coming across a British stag party will be slim to none.

Hythe, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer Drinkers Questions!

It was bad enough when the YAPs (Young Americans in Prague) discovered there were other places to get beer at an age considered illegal back home in the land of Disney and McDonalds.

@GCEK you may be right on Bratislava... The motorway to Austria is one of the best bits.... Joking.

Edited: 6:21 pm, December 22, 2010
8. Re: Beer Drinkers Questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, June 21, 2011