We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

countryside outside Brno, want cabin/cottage to let

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
countryside outside Brno, want cabin/cottage to let

Hi

My husband and I with our two small kids are looking to find a gorgeous little quiet country spot to rent a cabin or cottage for a week, within an hours drive of Brno. I'd love some ideas. Near a lake or forest would be good. I don;t mind a little bit touristy.

Any general advice on holiday lets and on travelling with toddler / baby in Czech Rep would be welcome too.

Thanks

ead

4 replies to this topic
Brno
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: countryside outside Brno, want cabin/cottage to let

Hallo Ead,

I am going to Moravian Karst quite often and there are two cottages.http://www.chata-ubytovani.cz/

I like this place and they are placed in beautiful nature very close to all attractions like Moravian Karst, Jedovnice lake,Krtiny, Brno, Slavkov. But you need a car to get there. Daniela

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,342 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: countryside outside Brno, want cabin/cottage to let

Another one which is in the Karst region - you limba.com/en/… - a car would be best, but there are regular traiins to Brno from Blansko, and there is a bus that goes from Skalní Mlýn which is a short walk up the road - there might even be a bus stop right outside, but I normally drive. From Skalní Mlýn there are lots of possibilities - the caves with the underground river Punkva, the abyss, ski-lift ... www.moravskykras.net/en/moravian-karst.html

Otherwise e.g. limba.com/en/… - Mikulov is a beautiful little town that has a surprising amount of things to do and see mikulov.cz/tourism/introduction-of-the-town/

You would need a car for this one limba.com/en/…

Have a little look through www.limba.com - there isn't a lot in that part of the world for the simple reason that most people either have their own country cottage, or know somebody who has got one!

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: countryside outside Brno, want cabin/cottage to let

Thanks for suggestions. I like the look of the first one, a Czech friend is going to look at the website for me. (thanks Irena:) Yes we will rent a car and are fairly flexible but want to visit he town of Kojetin during our stay. We'll stay somewhere really basic as long as its a gorgeous area.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,179 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: countryside outside Brno, want cabin/cottage to let

Kojetin would not be far from the first post suggestion, easy by car.

Reply to: countryside outside Brno, want cabin/cottage to let
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted