We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Musov Church

Durham, North...
4 posts
Save Topic
Musov Church

In April 2007, while traveling by bus from Lednice to Prague, I crossed a large body of water with several islands in it, one of which had a beautiful church on it. Took a couple of quick snapshots. Ever since I've wondered about that church. Found out last night via satellite images and accompanying photos that it's called, in English, Musov church. Further google searches have not turned up anything about the church. I'm very curious about it. Is there anyone out there that can tell me about it? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,476 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Musov Church

http://itras.cz/nove-mlyny/

it's a 13th century Gothic church, the only relic of a flooded vilage of Musov

Durham, North...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Musov Church

Wow, Tilly41, that was a quick response! Thank you so much for the information and the link. The little church really caught my eye and has been the biggest mystery to me ever since. Again, thanks so much for shedding some light on this for me!!! Now, if only I can find someone to translate Czech into English for me. :)

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,476 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Musov Church

ahh - I can find something - just give me a couple of minutes :)

www.goczech.cz/index.php?c=detail&id=193

actually not much just a mention of Nove Mlyny

Edited: 9:22 pm, August 27, 2010
Durham, North...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Musov Church

You're good. Certainly better than me. The most recent link you sent gives me the name of the church, and that's wonderful. Thanks again for all your time and help on this. And good luck with getting the budget deficit under control over there. I'm hearing over here on this side that, regardless of whose "fault" it is, you guys are willing to make the difficult decisions and sacrifices to get it under control. If it works, please share some of that determination with us yanks. We could use a tip or two regarding our finances. :)

Thanks again.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,476 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Musov Church

My solution would be simple - stop contributing to the European Union - a total money waster

Durham, North...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Musov Church

Understood. :) Am hoping to get to your part of the world one day. A brother of mine and his wife recently visited Wales and England (London) and came back ready to move to the UK. They loved it there.

Mentioned in this post
Wales
Wales
United Kingdom
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,345 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Musov Church

Google translate works very well from Czech to English nowadays - less well for the more literary stuff, but you can get the general idea.

The whole area around Mušov is very nice, and of course in the near vicinity is Mikulov (as well as Lednice), however many locals weren't too pleased to be flooded out of their homes in 1987 ...

Some more here as well www.vitejte.cz/objekt.php?oid=5903&j=en

It's in a bit of a sorry state nowadays, though www.youtube.com/watch…

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,476 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Musov Church

lovely video and so sad

Lednice
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Musov Church

May be you will appreciate some more informations concerning Mušov and it´s vicinity.

www.pasohlavky.cz/eng/tic/nove-mlyny.htm

Edited: 1:15 am, September 01, 2010
10. Re: Musov Church

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, March 01, 2011