We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

peb7

Liverpool
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
peb7

Thanks for the advise mate.

Is it expensive to get a cab to and from the hotel to the centre of town rather then get a tram?? just thinking about being a touch merry and not knowning our way around. Have read the horror stories about taxi drivers and think i know how to avoid them.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,252 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: peb7

Earlier this year I stayed in a hotel in the same street as the Bily Lev(Cimbrukova).It is an ok area and just a short walk up the hill to the tram stop.the tram stop outside the Viktoria Zizkov football ground is your best bet.It is just a few minutes on the tram into the city centre.The No9 taking you through Wenseslas square,the No5 and no 23 also go very close to the city centre.

There are late night trams that run from Wenseslas square back to your original stop no55 is one and I think the other is no58.You can walk into the centre in 20-25 minutes quite easily.

I wouldn't bother with the taxis.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,252 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: peb7

sorry for answering your thread Peb,but I did have relevant info.

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: peb7

unclegus. Having stayed down the road, you answered better than I could. Thanks

does a team that can't beat st mirren have any chance against sparta (or were they saving themselves)?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,252 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: peb7

Hearts had enough chances to win 5 games on saturday,just couldn't put the ball in the net,St Mirren had one shot in the second half and scored with it.given that the St Mirren keeper was man of the match tells all.

I just hope Hearts luck changes for thursday night,got my tickets anyway and hoping for the best.

5. Re: peb7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 23, 2009