We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague Castle Ticket

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Prague Castle Ticket

I was looking at the ticket for Prague Castle, didn't realize there are so many types of the tickets. Which ticket would you recommend? I am not a big fan of history; however, it would be nice to go in there and check things out, as well as overlook the millions castles.

https:/…tickets.shtml

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,103 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague Castle Ticket

I would just stick with route B...you'll get access to St. Vitus cathedral, Golden Lane, Daliborka tower...should be enough to just 'check things out'

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague Castle Ticket

OK are those all in the Prague Castle then? I thought they are different sites that I have to walk to? Or that route B ticket gives me multiple access to those other sites?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague Castle Ticket

It also says the tickets are valid for 2 days. So all the tickets listed on there are valid for 2 days then?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,103 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague Castle Ticket

They are all part of the castle....the cathedral, the old palace, golden lane and daliborka

tickets valid for 2 days, yes, the day of purchase and the next day.

Edited: 11:43 am, June 19, 2014
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,636 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague Castle Ticket

yup,agree with Tour B

FYI, take tram 22 up and behind the castle....you can tour downhill from there

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prague Castle Ticket

We did Tour A as it incorporated the Powder Tower which has a very good exhibit of uniforms over the ages & also includes the Rosenberg Palace, well worth the extra CZK 100.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,103 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prague Castle Ticket

Read the OP's post...not interested in history and just wants to check things out...so B is better, although like you say extra 5USD for a 2 day ticket in not much

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Prague Castle Ticket

Last question, do I have to buy the ticket in advanced or I can just buy it when I get there?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,103 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prague Castle Ticket

buy it when you get there, there is a ticket office at the castle and usually not busy

10. Re: Prague Castle Ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 22, 2015