We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

area to stay in Prague

San Diego...
Level Contributor
165 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
area to stay in Prague

Hi,

We are going to Prague in October. When looking at booking a hotel, what area should we look at with regards to being near restaurants, cafes, attractions, etc......

Would also like to know how many days here would be sufficient as well.

Thanks in advance!

H

Edited: 10:01 pm, January 04, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: area to stay in Prague

Stay as long as you can. I go twice a year 7 nights each and never have enough time in Prague. I stay at Kings Court. It is at Republic Square(Namesti Republiky). I have found the location to be ideal. The Palladium is across the street, a tram stops out front, there is a metro stop just outside the door, the Municipal House is a block away and Old Town around the corner. Down the street and to the left is Wenceslas Square. Keep going and you are at the river.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,944 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: area to stay in Prague

We are currently staying at the Hotel Leonardo and find it a perfect location. Walkable to everything. Would hate to be closer to Old Town Square, the crowds would drive me mad.

We have had three nights which is what everyone who has been here advised us. Another two or three would have been much better. It is so beautiful and I feel we have barely scratched the surface of what is here to see.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
165 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: area to stay in Prague

Thank you both for the replies! We have 10 nights in Central Europe. I think we will end up doing 4 nights in Prague, 3 in Vienna and 3 in Budapest. Wish we could have more time in all!

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: area to stay in Prague

My personal choice would not to stay right in the old town, its very busy and noisy with people passing by constantly. We stayed maximilian which is 10 mins walk and fab location and hotel. We did 4 nights 5 days and had a fab time - enough time to do everything we wanted. Hope you have a good break.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,934 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: area to stay in Prague

Kampa is a wonderful location..just off Charles Bridge, quiet in the evening, close to restaurants and sights.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: area to stay in Prague

I second Kampa.... far enough away but still close enough to everything..

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: area to stay in Prague

Helloo--

Our daughters (age 22 and 20) went to Prague in January 2014. They both say just 2 days is enough. They stayed 4 and ran out of things to see and do. Just two opinions, but compared to Paris, Venice, Rome there was not as much to see.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,934 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: area to stay in Prague

NO comment, I don't wish to be rude

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,230 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: area to stay in Prague

We stayed in Kampa at the Archibald at Charles Bridge and we thought it was a great area.

We stayed for four nights and found plenty to see and do.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
16,952 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: area to stay in Prague

recent threads regarding transport to Budapest and Vienna

book with respective rail websites...not Rail Europe.

Budapest..thermal spas while you're there-go late in the afternoon and stay until after sunset. FYI, tickets to Parliament Building should be reserved/booked on line.

Any budget constraints for your hotel?

Prague 1 is both side of the river...Old Towne (ground zero for tourists) and Malá Strana...its sort of up to you...Malá Strana accesible by bridge or tram

Edited: 2:20 pm, March 30, 2014