We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Czech Republic itinerary

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Czech Republic itinerary

I am planning a 10 night visit to Czech Republic in May 2014 and could use some help with an itinerary. We will be flying into Prague and making our way from there. Some areas of interest to us include Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights, Karlovy Vary, Kutna Hora and Telc, spending 1 night in each Karlovy and Telc and a day trip to Kutna Hora, then ending back in Prague for a couple nights before we head home. We will be using Prague as our home base and perhaps returning there after Cesky Krumlov for a night or 2 before we head to the other towns. We are not looking for a whirlwind vacation but rather a slower paced one with time to wander the towns and immerse ourselves in the culture and ambiance of each town. Also, we will be using strictly public transport and could use some help with the best means of transportation between towns/cities. What about Olomouc? Or is that a bit too ambitious? I am open to any alterations to the itinerary. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Cesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov
South Bohemian Region, Czech Republic
Karlovy Vary
Karlovy Vary
Karlovy Vary Region, Czech Republic
Riksha Prague Sightseeing Tours & Transfers
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,311 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Czech Republic itinerary

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274684-i94-k656…

so is it Czech rep or Turkey....forgive me but to visit 6 towns in 10 days and claim it is not a

whirlwind vacation but rather a slower paced one is a ridiculous statement.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Czech Republic itinerary

LOL Tilly I thought you meant Christmas Turkey not the country ! (until I read OPs posting history )

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,311 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Czech Republic itinerary

I am not that funny!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Czech Republic itinerary

I'm sorry all. Definitely Czech Republic. Turkey was one of my options but decided on Czech Republic.

Mentioned in this post
The Netherlands
Level Contributor
634 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Czech Republic itinerary

10 days will be OK, but leave about 3/4 days for the beautiful city of Prague

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Czech Republic itinerary

I intend to spend at least 4 or 5 days in Prague! I'm wondering how the public transit system is between cities in CR and which options (bus or train) are favorable for transfer between Prague, Cesky Krumlov, Karlovy Vary, Telc and Kutna Hora.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Cesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov
South Bohemian Region, Czech Republic
Karlovy Vary
Karlovy Vary
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
242 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Czech Republic itinerary

Hi Kevin,

I would definitely recommend Olomouc - a beautiful city, and lots to visit.

The old town is part of Unesco world heritage.

Pretty easy to go from Prague to Olomouc if you catch a train - the journey is about 2 hours 15 min.

Nicolas

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
8. Re: Czech Republic itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, December 20, 2013
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
707 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Czech Republic itinerary

I absolutely agree with Nicholas H: visit Olomouc, a small and beautiful place, with lots of things to do and enjoy, and you would be visiting a place in Moravia; people there is so nice!

If you have some time left perhaps you may visit Litomysl, where Smetana was born, in a day-trip from Prague. The fountain dedicated to Smetana is very nice and there is also the curious Portmoneum (you may google that name and see what is it about). It is closed in winter, but as far as I knnow, it reopens in May. It really worths a visit.

Prague is... well, Prague, but it's not the only place of interest in the Czech Republic. I'm glad that you decided to see another places in the country that are plenty of beauty and culture too; well done!

Mentioned in this post
Moravia
Moravia
Czech Republic
Smetana Hotel
Smetana Hotel
1,537 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Czech Republic itinerary

Thank you all for you input! I think I'm going to have to try to squeeze in Olomouc for a visit and probably drop Karlovy Vary. Regards and happy travels to all!

Mentioned in this post
Karlovy Vary
Karlovy Vary