We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostel Choice | Solo Traveller | Female

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hostel Choice | Solo Traveller | Female

Hi,

I am going to stay in Prague from the 21st to the 27th of December and I am undecided about where to stay. I have narrowed it down to either the Madhouse Prague or Hostel One Home. I will be travelling solo and 19 years old so I will be wanting to go somewhere that has a great, young party atmosphere. From reading the reviews I have found that both of these places offer that so does anyone have any idea which one is better?

Thanks

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostel Choice | Solo Traveller | Female

Mosiac House

praha
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostel Choice | Solo Traveller | Female

oh dear that reminds me of that recent BBC documentary about stag parties who left their rooms at Mosaic in an unspeakable order - but party atmosphere i guess there is

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostel Choice | Solo Traveller | Female

Hi,

I am also travelling solo at this time and have just booked into Hostel One Home for xmas! Which did you end up going for?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostel Choice | Solo Traveller | Female

I have a similiar dilemma but completely different circumstances.

After thorough research it looks like the Mosaic house creates by far the best party atmosphere and sounds like it can be utter chaos in there between 10pm - 6am. However as a solo traveller you have to think that these are going to be large groups of people inevitably shouting at each other wishing to stay in the bar and experience as little of Prague as possible.

I'm going in a group of 9 lads so for us it seems perfect and we will be able to blend nicely with other groups and make our experience far more interesting. For yourself as somebody travelling solo; I recommend the Czech Inn/Miss Sophies/Sir Toby's. They each have their own bar and you will find a lot more like minded people looking to have a good time that you can actually sustain a conversation with.

However if you're looking for chaos then book Mosaic! Just don't make the mistake we did in Berlin and enjoy the hostel atmosphere so much that you actually don't get to venture out and enjoy the world class nightlife on offer.

Regards

KOT

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
14,930 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostel Choice | Solo Traveller | Female

check Fusion as well

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,935 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hostel Choice | Solo Traveller | Female

Good advice by KidsOnT0ur.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hostel Choice | Solo Traveller | Female

Hi, thanks for all of the advice but I have chosen to go with "the Madhouse" :)

8. Re: Hostel Choice | Solo Traveller | Female

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, November 14, 2013
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hostel Choice | Solo Traveller | Female

ummmm... just don't go to that Hostel in Bratislava lol ;) sorry... couldn't resist ;) and before anyone corrects me... yes, I know that most of those movies were actually filmed in Czech Rep but just referring to where the movies said they were :)

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,841 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hostel Choice | Solo Traveller | Female

post 8 is self promotion...