We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars and beer.

newcastle england
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bars and beer.

can anyone give me 1 or 2 bars that sell good beer and maybe a snack or two, we are staying at the hotel city central Sokolska 21,Any bars around this area,I love a couple of beers but there seems to be quite a selection to choose from, whats your favorite. you have already helped me greatly with a/p transfers.PS i will probably try most of them. thanks for your experience.

newcastle england
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: bars and beer.

thanks for your help, we have about 3 hours to sort a pub or 2 out before 11 o clock.

Edited: 6:58 pm, November 11, 2013
British Columbia
Level Contributor
97 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: bars and beer.

My personal recommendations:

Best Pilsener Urquell - Lokal Dlouha, close 2nd U Pinkasu

Best Budvar - U Medviku

Best Staropramen - U Parlementu Namesti Miru - Staropramen unfiltered

Best Micro Brewery - U Tri Ruzi- Monastic ale sensational

Best Restaurant Beers- Nota Bene - Kokour and Matuska excellent and food great

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: bars and beer.

thanks tez28, got them marked.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,912 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: bars and beer.

I won't disagree with Tez28 but will say I think the tankova Plisner Urquell in U Veverky cannot be beat but am willing to do a few tatse test.U Pinkasu does great beer and has the very first Pilsner Urquell tap in Prague , you can see it downstairs next to the gent toilets ( you don't get this stuff in the guide books)

Slight typo on the best Budvar that should be U medvidku and I won't disagree but if in there you can only get the tank budvar down stairs but if you go to the little brewry bar up stair then you can try the Oldgott beer brewed in that room and not available on draught downstairs. ( and BTW the Budvar tanks can be seen right next to ........... yes you guessed it The gents toilets)

I do Love U Tri Ruzi but did not see the monastic beer on the list when I was in a week ago, but I was in the resturant part upstaisr and the beers may be limited up there ,but seriously it does not have beers you would not love to drink.

another wee typo ,Its Kocour which is excellent and the Matuska is superb but does vary on what actual brew they have been making ( it is a very limited operation) but you won't spit any of them out, both these beer are also vailable in the Beer Museum Pub.and talking about Beer Museum pub,their new place near Namesti Miru metro should be opening on the next week or so. I passed the place last week but the windows were all covered up and I could not see inside,look much much bigger than the place in Dlouha

praguebeermuseum.com/en/…108

Edited: 2:20 pm, November 15, 2013
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
35. Re: bars and beer.

Can't help myself, have to add to Tez28 list of Bests.

Best I.P.A. - Strahov Monastery

Best Gambrinus - Tankova "Gambach" at Dejvicka Sokolovna (I could sit there for hours!)

Best 10* - Unitecky Pivovar

Best Old Style Dark - U Flecku

Just sayin' ... :-{)

British Columbia
Level Contributor
97 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: bars and beer.

Apologise for my typo's.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
37. Re: bars and beer.

Thanks to you all, the info you have given me is vital for my education. I have logged about 20 bars and restaurants. We are only there for 5 days 4 nights and I will have to keep my o/h happy,ish and show her the sights. I am trying to work out a route that takes in a place of interest, but with a good beer next to it. We get to Prague late afternoon on Sunday and so we will just stay close to our hotel, any ideas for mon- tues- wed, would be very much appreciated. As i have mentioned we are staying at Hotel City Central *** Sokolská 21, CZ 120 00 Prague 2. and you have given me a few good bars to visit. thank again for all your help.

38. Re: bars and beer.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 18, 2014