We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worth buying Prague card?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Worth buying Prague card?

4 of us are arriving Prague on Sept. 24, 7 p.m. and we have to travel to hotel on Ortenovo nam. (N or NE of town, 50 minutes from airport). Each day we need to travel quite a bit to do sight-seeing. Will leave Prague at Praha hlavni nadrazi for Vienna on Sept. 27 early morning. Is it worth buying 4 day public transport pass or take the mini-bus at arrival and use the pass for the rest of the days? Will this cover some of the sight admission fees too?

Can we purchase the Prague card online from US before we leave ? How do we get the minibus at the airport if we decide to do that? Thanks

Charles

Croatia
Level Contributor
154 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worth buying Prague card?

We arrived by car so I wouldn't know about arriving from the airport but I do know that you can buy prague city card prior to arrival and pick it up on staromestske namesty at the tourist info center. I think you even get a free guide book. Check the city card webpage for what's included and then the prices for each attraction you plan to visit to see if it's worth to buy it. We didn't buy it because we spent less paying the full price for places we wanted to visit.

We stayed in Ortenovo too and bought a 24 czk card each morning to get to the city (hradcanska, staromestska, nam.republiky and tram stop near the dancing house) and then another 24 czk to get back in the evening. The rest of the time we walked, everything is closer than it looks on the map. I think it's about a 20 minute walk from the dancing house to the old town via wenceslas square. We walked around the castle, down nerudova and over charles bridge to the jewish quarter without any trouble. Then we circled around the old town looking for a restaurant we wanted to visitand went to wenceslas after a late lunch. From wenceslas we went back to the old town for a couple of beers and back to namesty republiky to catch a tram for ortenovo. All done walking in one day...

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worth buying Prague card?

Thanks very much for your prompt advice. We will do what you do and do not think that we will need the Prague card.

Croatia
Level Contributor
154 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worth buying Prague card?

If you plan to visit most of the sites, the card is probably worth it but we only went to some so it didn't pay off. With the card you also get discounts to some tours and restaurants

Prague, Czech...
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Worth buying Prague card?

I really don't think its worth buying a card however there are one day cards weekly tickets. I suggest you buy a weekly tickets. and you can buy at nearly any entrance of the Metro.

Well there is A bus from the airport that stops at Dejvicka its Buss 119, there you will need to buy the ticket. and you can also buy that ticket from the bus. There is also a free bus at the Airport which goes to Halvni Nadrazi. and there you can still buy the one day ticket or weekly.

5. Re: Worth buying Prague card?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 25, 2014