We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague

Florence, AL
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Prague

How long is the train ride from Berlin to Prague? Can I take a train from Hildesheim to Berlin? Would you recommend going to Berlin for a day, taking the train to Prague, spending several days, then returning to Berlin by train for another day, then could I take the train to Frankfort? Please recommend hotels in Prague either with two double beds or one double bed. Twin is ok if I can't find other. Can I book train, hotel, etc. through Expedia or would you recommend another source. Please advise and thank you so much for your input!!!

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague

Hildesheim to berlin involves a chnage at Hannover. Train from Hannover is about 2 hours. you could indeed do Berlin for a day from that distance, but I would also recommend a day trip to Pottsdam.

Prague to Frankfurt via Berlin to in my view a huge detour. either take the train to Dresden and change or as I noted earlier, take a low cost flight from Prague to Koln and then train to Frankfurt