We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this itinerary dobable?

vancouver
Level Contributor
165 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Is this itinerary dobable?

Its my first time to Europe, and I'd like a reality check on the itinerary below in September. Is it doable?

Day 1: Fly to Prague via London.

Day 2: Reach Prague at 7pm.

Day 3: In morning, train from Prague to Venice via Vienna.

Day 4: Reach Venice in AM. Board Cruise Ship.

Day 5. Cruise ship embarks in morning.

Day 6-17. Mediterranean cruise with ports of calls for a day each: Piraeus, Izmir, Istanbul, Turkey, Mykonos, Naples, Civitavecchia (Rome), Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Toulon, Barcelona.

Day 18-20: Disembark in Barcelona in AM. Spend 2 nights in Barcelona.

Day 20: Fly Barcelona to Prague in AM. Flight reaches at 10AM. Fly back home from Prague. Flight is at 2pm.

Edited: 3:18 pm, June 23, 2013
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,049 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is this itinerary dobable?

you can't get the price from the Czech railways website for the whole trip.

If you look at Austrian railways - overnight train from Westbahnhof to Santa Lucia...a bed in a double sleeper costs 139 euros (EN237).. Prague to Vienna 19 euros each (from Czech railways)

Another option is via Munich.

Send a mail to the Czech railways and ask what their offer is for your route...the ticket will then have to be picked up in Prague.

vancouver
Level Contributor
165 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is this itinerary dobable?

I am using the same site as mentioned (OEBB) and the pricing is way more than 139 on the days I can leave. I can travel 18 September or 19 September. For both dates i cant find any sleeper beds below 218 euros on EN237 from Wien Westbahnhof to Venezia Santa Lucia on the overnight route.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,049 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is this itinerary dobable?

I can see double sleeper on 19th September for 129 euros each and a couchette in 4 berth compartment on 18th September, for 59 euros each. (on EN237)

vancouver
Level Contributor
165 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is this itinerary dobable?

Yes, i'm seeing the same rates as you mentioned. Hence, when I evaluate train vs. flight, flight is cheaper.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,049 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is this itinerary dobable?

well, fly then

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,892 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is this itinerary dobable?

Or you can go by day - €19 to Vienna (or less by bus) and then €29 to Venice with panoramic views on the way.

There is also an overnight bus from Prague to Venice www.studentagency.eu which costs €63,50 - nice buses, too studentagency.cz/jizdenky/videa/index.html - it only goes to Mestre, but it is an easy journey across the lagoon to Venice proper and it is a great way to arrive.

Edited: 1:06 pm, June 24, 2013
vancouver
Level Contributor
165 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Is this itinerary dobable?

I've changed my itinerary a bit, so now I have 2 fully days in Prague, and 2 fully days in Venice. I just need to decide whether to fly Prague to Venice or bus/train on the 18th Sept.

Thank you Guys. I really appreciate you giving me all the info. Special thanks to Tilly and GCEK.

18. Re: Is this itinerary dobable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 26, 2014