We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jama & Helma restaurants

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Jama & Helma restaurants

Hi all

I'm making my 4th visit to Prague in August, and have been eagerly planning my trip. Whilst looking on StreetView at the area around my hotel (Best Western Bila Labut on Biskupska), I was delighted to find a branch of Jama restaurant on Petrska - the one on V Jame was one of the highlights of my last trip. However on doing a bit more searching it looks like this has now been replaced by a restaurant called Helma, whose website makes reference to Jama Group but I'm not sure of the actual link - whether it's part of the same group or they're just saying it's a similar style to Jama. Can anyone confirm what the relationship is between Helma and Jama? My main concern is being able to get nuclear wings - some of the best chicken wings I've ever tasted!

Thanks

Nick

Wakefield, Rhode...
6 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Jama & Helma restaurants

I have eaten at the Jama on Petrska and the food was almost the same as eating at the original Jama (v Jame).However Im not living in Praha,so I couldnt speak to the fact that Helma is a member of the Jama group.Their website has a totally different look than Jama group's website.My guess is that Max sold off the restaurant on Petrska.My suggestion? Head to the original Jama,you are right you cant beat those nuclear wings!

And since you will be at the Best Western Bila Labut,run ,dont walk the one block or so to a restaurant called Sansho,great pan Asian food,funky atmosphere and nice people running the place.Just make sure to book a table on their site,its a smallish place and it fills up quickly.Na zdravi!

12. Re: Jama & Helma restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 04, 2014