We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague bars/pubs for the solo traveler...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Prague bars/pubs for the solo traveler...

Can anyone recommend any central bars in Prague that are more suited to check out as a solo traveler? Love the lively pub atmosphere but open to any suggestions!

Looks like I will be arriving at night on a Friday and don't want to waste a night there just because I'll be unfamiliar with the area. Figured I would ask so I can venture out when I arrive. Any recommendations will be appreciated!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,387 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague bars/pubs for the solo traveler...

what general area are you staying in ? folks can offer suggetions

Old Towne?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague bars/pubs for the solo traveler...

I've only started to do some research but yes it looks like the Old Town or Wencesles Square area are where I have been looking at for a central location to stay. I'm open to suggestions on that as well! Somewhere very central that's close to main lively areas and very safe! It's my first visit to Prague so Ill be visiting the main sights while I'm there as well.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague bars/pubs for the solo traveler...

Wenceslas square is tourist central and offers little.

Old town is good, but the best pubs are not there. Uncle Gus can help you much in finding a good pub. Please have a look at his trip reports.

praha
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague bars/pubs for the solo traveler...

Czech pubs are not geared towards sitting by the bar, you are expected to get a table, if you want to talk to bar staff etc then Perhaps you can check out some of the Irish pubs

jamesjoyceprague.cz/about-james-joyce-prague…

but google it, a number of them will show up.

you could also check out

http://www.globebookstore.cz/cafe-1-2.html

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague bars/pubs for the solo traveler...

I'd recommend Tretters or Bugsy.

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Prague bars/pubs for the solo traveler...

I would recommend taking a beer-tour if you arrive early enough: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g274707-d2… It's a nice way to meet some other people at the same time that you get to visit some of the micro breweries in Prague. I believe the tours starts at 18:30 from the Art Passage (Male Namesti 11/459) just 50 meter left for the astronomical clock and then to the left again inside the passage.

They also have a small bar at U Medvidku (www.umedvidku.cz) where you can sit at the bar. I would also recommend a trip to Bombay Bar if you live in the area around the old town: https:/…about. It's not a typical local pub, but as mentioned before it could be difficult to find a local pub where you can sit in the bar in the downtown Prague area.

praha
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prague bars/pubs for the solo traveler...

and there is

http://www.solidnijistota.cz/en/

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,474 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Prague bars/pubs for the solo traveler...

The beer tours are a good idea and the ones I have been on have been great fun.I am a middle aged guy and am quite happy to sit in a pub( especially brew pubs) have a meal and go through their beer list whilst reading a book.it is not often that I am on my own of an evening in Prague but I do have a few,lots of good pubs.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,387 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prague bars/pubs for the solo traveler...

as well, join the nuermous walking tours that originate in Old Towne.....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prague bars/pubs for the solo traveler...

Thanks everyone for the wonderful tips! This is just great! I will definitely be looking into doing one of these beer tours during my stay. (even if I don't make it to one the first night I arrive as I believe I don't land until 630pm) But this is a fantastic idea. As are the walking tours - I have read a bit about those from hotel sites and such!

I know the beer festival starts the weekend I arrive as well, so I will definitely be checking that out.

And thank you for the specific suggestions on bars/pubs as well! I will definitely check them out, and they gave me an idea on locations in the central area as well!

Thank you everyone!