We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague in December?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 posts
Save Topic
Prague in December?

Hello guys! I'm planning a trip with my girlfriend, and we would be in Prague from december 20th to the 23rd... I have been wondering if it would be a good idea to go there at this time of the year - kinda afraind of the weather - cold is not a problem, but It would be a shame to go and waste time in a hotel or so...

So, what do you think? Is it worth to go to Prague round this dates?

Any hints on what to do? Thank you very much!

Edited: 11:54 pm, February 27, 2013
Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
441 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague in December?

Of coarse, it's lovely in that period.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i25459-4_days_i…

maybe my triplist can give some inspiration... This triplist was inspired on a trip at the end of November. My sister used this list during her trip last Decmber (Christmas). Very do-able!

Lincoln
Level Contributor
49 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague in December?

I was in Prague again this December between 19th and 23rd December. We had a great time as usual. The weather was faily cold but not as bad as it could have been, no real snow to speak of until the last day.

You definitely won't spend all your time in a hotel, just wrap up warm! The christmas market was great to see. Shopping centres etc were really busy compared to normal, but that is the same anywhere that close to christmas!! Didn't notice tourist type areas being any busier/quieter than usual though.

Would I choose to go back in December, rather than the normal July? Maybe not... I think I prefer Summer but it was definitely worth seeing Prague in December.

Luton, UK
Level Contributor
348 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague in December?

Totally agree with Rob. I was there last December and had an amazing time. Yes it will probably be cold but once you start walking around you soon forget that.

The Christmas markets are beautiful and all of the other attractions will be open too. Go for it!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague in December?

Thank you all very much!

Seolram, I'll take a good look and study your list.

The cold is okay, actually it's great, living in Brazil is kinda hard for me and my girlfriend, cos we hate warm weather, so some real cold would be lovely.

It's nice to know that I won't spend my time in hotels, that the city won't be 'dead' or something... thanks =)

And will try my best to check xmas markets too! They oughta be amazing.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
122 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague in December?

I was also there this last December, and loved it .We had a beautiful snowfall for three days and I dont think any city wears its mantle of snow as beautifully as does Prague, with the exception of my city :)

Whenever things got too chilly, we found some lovely warm cafe to run into and have a hot coffee .I also loved seeing the pretty christmas decorations up all over, and the Christmas market.. an exotic extra for folks from Israel.

6. Re: Prague in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 02, 2014