We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Train Prague to Budapest EN477 cd.cz eShop HELP!!!

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Night Train Prague to Budapest EN477 cd.cz eShop HELP!!!

Hello,

This will be my first time traveling in Europe and I need to book a night train, EN477, from Prague to Budapest through eShop. The problem is that when it comes to the booking process, they are charging a supplementary service of 500 CZK/train and a ticket price of 0. May I ask if the 500 Kc secures the tickets or is it just a service charge? The other trains have a 500 Kc ticket price and no supplementary service charge.

If I book the EN 477 train and pay the 500 Kc, do I have the final tickets booked? I really don't understand what this means and I want to book online to save a lot of money.

Edited: 4:09 am, February 21, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Train Prague to Budapest EN477 cd.cz eShop HELP!!!

What date are you looking at?

Berkeley...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Train Prague to Budapest EN477 cd.cz eShop HELP!!!

For all the dates the same things happen, I am looking to travel on May 15 but the tickets are not yet available. So let's say we try a day in April, the same thing happens with the supplementary charge replacing the ticket price. Does it actually book the tickets though?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Train Prague to Budapest EN477 cd.cz eShop HELP!!!

In the drop-down box under 'reservation type' select 'Sleeper carriage'.

498 crowns is the price of the ticket, and then it adds a supplement according to what sort of accommodation you require. The full price (ticket + supplement) will then appear to the right, e.g. for 1 person in a 3-berth compartment it is 1284 crowns, in a 2-berth compartment it is 1808 crowns

NB if you want a single berth you will need to buy a first class ticket as well as a single supplement so it is very expensive - the accommodation is exactly the same as if you have a two or three-berth compartment, except only one berth is folded down. The chances are that you would be on your own in a two-berth compartment anyway, but you can't buy a single berth on-line.

www.vagonweb.cz/fotogalerie/CZ/CD_WLABmee.php

Edited: 6:11 am, February 22, 2013
Berkeley...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Train Prague to Budapest EN477 cd.cz eShop HELP!!!

Thank you so much for your response. It's just the presentation of the website is very confusing. It shows the supplementary prince being 498 crowns and the ticket price being 0 crowns on the bottom. I am pretty sure the highest I'll be willing to purchase is the 2-berth compartment.

Also, when I do time searches, I get this message in a red box. "Note: For the train connection you have selected, it is possible to purchase a ticket starting on 27.2.2013" I searched the day of February 27, what does that mean?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night Train Prague to Budapest EN477 cd.cz eShop HELP!!!

I see what you mean - it is the same in Czech - I wouldn't worry about it too much - all you need to know is the final price.

But I'm not sure where you are seeing that message, but maybe it means say you want to travel in the evening of 26 February, arriving on the morning of 27 February, you will actually have to buy the ticket for 27 February as the train leaves just after 00:00.

Does that make sense?

Raleigh, North...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Night Train Prague to Budapest EN477 cd.cz eShop HELP!!!

You're trying to book too early! You can't book for a May 15 departure until Feb. 27. So try again in a week and you should be good!

Edited: 10:16 am, February 22, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Night Train Prague to Budapest EN477 cd.cz eShop HELP!!!

that is probably what the message means, yes.

Edited: 10:40 am, February 22, 2013
Berkeley...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Night Train Prague to Budapest EN477 cd.cz eShop HELP!!!

To Kristen, I know it's too early but for dates in the next month, the same confusion takes part, I'm just preparing myself for confusions :)

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it. But in your experience Americans who book from that website don't really run into much problems right?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Night Train Prague to Budapest EN477 cd.cz eShop HELP!!!

Shouldn't do. As websites go, it is one of the more straightforward ones.

UK
Level Contributor
342 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Night Train Prague to Budapest EN477 cd.cz eShop HELP!!!

How far in advance can these tickets be purchased please?

Thanks