We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

design elephant hotel

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
design elephant hotel

so I've just booked 5 nights in Prague in February. i booked this hotel as got a great deal. now Im worrying about the location. is it walking distance to all major attractions? Im also a bit concerned that its in a dodgy area? should i try changing the hotel to either the icon or art deco imperial? thanks in advance :-)

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
15,193 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: design elephant hotel

IMO, the area is fine..no need to switch.....you are just across from Florenc metro and bus station..it is divided by the freeway... and less than 5 min walk to Namesti Republic. Your location-you likely will not even need the metro.You can walk to Old Towne and Wenscelas Square. FYI, there are two passages leading to/from the hotel from two different streets.

Prague is safer than most cities of it size.

Offhand, your tram platform is Bila Labut-take tram 8 to Malostranska Metro..walk across the street (follow the people) and catch 22 tram up the hill. Most people get off at Pražský hrad/Prague Castle..my suggestion is to go two stops farther to Pohořelec. This way you can catch the Strahov Monestary, the Loretta, the Black Ox (famous Czech pub) and continue down the slope to the castle area.

You can do street view on Google maps if you are curious of the area.

(Elephant is the salmon colored building)

again IMO, the location is fine...(comparing actual services, amenities among the 3 hotels-you'll have to compare/ check the reviews)

enjoy your visit

Edited: 3:02 am, December 04, 2012
Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: design elephant hotel

very helpful! thanks.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: design elephant hotel

I hope it is ok as we are going there in February too! We arrive on 8th and leave on 11th :O) although I think we are going to need longer there with everything I have planned!!

The recent reveiws on here are very good so I'm hoping its going to be great!

Edited: 1:21 pm, December 05, 2012
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: design elephant hotel

lk50 when are you staying in Prague, we are leaving in 2 weeks and can not wait! The recent reviews for the hotel are all very good :O)

5. Re: design elephant hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 26, 2014