We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Segway Tours - Opinions?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Segway Tours - Opinions?

Has anyone taken one of the Segway Tours in Prague? We were thinking of taking the group city tour. They got great reviews here on TA. Any other inputs? thanks in advance.

Prague On Segway, on E-Scooter, on Quad
City Tours, Segway Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Segway Rent Prague
Segway Tours, Private Tours, Other Outdoor Activities, City Tours
Praha Bike -  Bicycle Tours & Rentals
Segway Tours, Bike Tours, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals, Private Tours
Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,955 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Segway Tours - Opinions?

Have you read the reviews ? There are lots of first time reviewers which never instill confidence for me but hey ho ....

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g274707-…

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Segway Tours - Opinions?

The tour leaders, IMO, are irresponsible, they take the groups down one way streets the wrong way, they ride on the pavements (sidewalks) and scare older visitors just walking. Prague 1 will (I hear) ban them soon and good riddance

But it does look like fun!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,538 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Segway Tours - Opinions?

they scare young guys like me too!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,124 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Segway Tours - Opinions?

Sounds and looks like fun, but I agree with praguepivo......they should be banned from the streets.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Segway Tours - Opinions?

Also don't forget the shame that goes hand in hand with actually having to be in one of those idiotic machines! Just walk. You see more and you won't look like a tool!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Segway Tours - Opinions?

TORII, yes, I did see alot of new TAers on reviews. That's sorta why I asked in this forum. I knew there would be some good honest folks here. Sergio I, I have no personal pride. I look like at tool without being on a Segway.;o) Your post did give me chuckle. I am having second thoughts, though... scaring old and young people is not my thing.

oddjob1
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Segway Tours - Opinions?

I recently went on a Segway Tour in Prague, and found the experience to be excellent. Furthermore, i dont think all the guides are iresponsible. the guide we had was really good.

You should not knock things if you have not experienced it. Me and my friends really enjoyed it, and experienced a really memorable time.

I was on a Segway Tour for two hours, and the next me I come to Prague i will utilise the Segways Tour again, It cost me 1500 kronas,; what a bargain.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,900 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Segway Tours - Opinions?

You might not get the opportunity as they will be banned soon, just as they have been in the UK telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transpo… - and Boston as well, apparently alttransport.com/2011/…

Edited: 1:53 pm, November 23, 2012
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Segway Tours - Opinions?

"Also don't forget the shame that goes hand in hand with actually having to be in one of those idiotic machines! Just walk. You see more and you won't look like a tool!"

Exactly!

Prague
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Segway Tours - Opinions?

The Segway Tours will be banned? That's great news. Having to fight one's way through herds following umbrellas is bad enough, avoiding fools who are too lazy to walk never added much to the charm of Old Prague. They will not be missed.