We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!! Visiting Prague 22-27 December

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
120 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Help!!! Visiting Prague 22-27 December

Dear friends,

I am travelling to Prague with my wife and one year old baby boy in December, for 6 days and I could really use some practical advice, like for example what shop/market is the cheapest to buy groceries? Does anybody knows if the buses that go from Nuremberg to Prague have enough space to accommodate a buggy somewhere in the luggage area? Also maybe you could tell us locations for some local produce markets (that I just love), or farmers market would be greatly appreciated. We will be there for Christmas so I would like to know if we need to stock on food, if the shops are closed some days, and other "must do" before Christmas Eve. Considering that this will be my son's first contact with snow, I would like to know if there is a place where we can go sledging and most important, if there is somewhere I can borrow or buy a sledge for the time spent there. I know this is quite a long list, but any advice and idea is greatly appreciated and very welcome. Thank you!

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,954 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!!! Visiting Prague 22-27 December

Most shops will be closed on the 24th and many restaurants will close on afternoon of the 24th, but other days will be open as normal especially in the centre.

Havelská Market sells fresh fruit and veg and below are the opening times for Tesco should you need to stock up !

praguewelcome.cz/srv/www/en/objects/detail.x…

Here are some links re Christmas in Prague with useful information.

vanocevpraze.cz/en/when-here/opening-hours-s…

pragueexperience.com/events/christmas_openin…

vanocevpraze.cz/en/…czech-christmas.shtml

And opening times of attractions

vanocevpraze.cz/en/when-here/opening-hours-o…

There is no guarantee there will be snow but it will be very cold .

As for your other questions I am sure someone else will be along to answer them for you.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
24 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!!! Visiting Prague 22-27 December

Wellcome to Prague! Just few brief tips for now:

- I recommend to go on local farmers market in Prague 6 (farmarske-trhy.cz/aktuality/…) they are the only one I know keeping the local atmosphere. Those on the main streets in the city center are just full of the unnecessary "global gods" with unpleasant sellers.

Nice coffee place is Mamacoffe (http://www.mama-cafe.cz/news). nice restaurant/coffee is Cafe Mistral http://www.mistralcafe.cz/en. Quite famous is also restaurant U Kalicha (www.ukalicha.cz) which is expensive and touristic, but from all these "must see" is the best.

I dont know any place where you could rent. However, there is usually no snow in Prague on Christmas.

3. Re: Help!!! Visiting Prague 22-27 December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 16, 2013