We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg

Indore, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg

Hello Everyone

I am visiting Prague with my Wife late September and extremely looking forward to this trip. The schedule looks like this

Sep 27 to Sep 30 : Prague

Oct 1 : Leave for Salzburg

Now I've 2 questions

1. Is it possible to visit Cesky Krumlov on Oct 1 (leave Prague in the morning) and then reach Salzburg by the same evening ?

2. What is the best way to reach Salzburg from Prague

Any help would be really helpful. Thanks

Indore, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg

Thank you everyone for the responses. Based on all inputs from you I am definitely going to Cesky Krumlov now. I was planning this

Sep 30 >> Leave Prague at around 2:00 PM for CK

Oct 1 >> Leave CK at around 9:00 in the morning using Lobo's Shuttle Service for Salzburg

My questions

1. Would it give me decent enough time in CK. I was thinking to spend a good late afternoon to evening there

2. What would be the best/cost effective way to go from Prague to CK around the time I mentioned (around 2:00 PM) ?

the Czech Republic
Level Contributor
721 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg

The best way to get from Prague to Cesky Krumlov is the Student Agency bus -- make sure to get tickets online ahead of time

https://jizdenky.studentagency.cz/…

It is enough time to enjoy Cesky Krumlov but you will not be able to take a guided tour of the castle interior (the last tour starts before 4PM)

the highlight is the town itself so it should not be a problem

castle courtyards are open all night long

Edited: 7:29 am, September 17, 2012
Indore, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg

Thank you Oldriska. You've been a great help

San Diego
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg

Planning a similar trip this July... if I may ask, how was your experience with the bus/shuttle transportation? I'd prefer not to buy the tickets in advance, to allow more freedom in spending extra days in Prague or CZ if desired. Also, how many days would you allow in each place? (We have about 12 days total.) Thanks for your input!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,545 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg

In July you will be lucky to get a last minute bus ticket, but there is always the slower train (change in České Budějovice). Buy that on the day - they never sell out. NB it can be very hot in July and the trains are not all airconditioned.

For times see www.idos.cz

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,113 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg

shutle service may ask for a down payment..say 20%..they can't have people making reservations and canceling at a drop of the hat.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg

Thanks for the responses. Would a couple of days advance purchase be enough, do you think?

That way, I could just buy the tickets in Cesky Krumlov the day we arrive (We'll probably spend 2-3 nights there). If necessary due to the season, of course, I can plan everything out ahead of time and purchase online.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,545 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg

Even then you might be risking it, especially for the morning buses. But you can get train tickets any time - they never sell out.

Sf Bay Area
Level Contributor
472 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg

How far in advance can one buy Student Agency bus tickets online?

Cesky Krumlov...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Prague to Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg

If you are planing to book the shuttle tickets in Cesky Krumlov, definitely visit the Tourist Infocenter at the main square. They have a list of all available shuttle connections for next few days and can make the reservation for you.

Edited: 8:16 pm, April 07, 2013