We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Prague airport to Hilton Old town

canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Prague airport to Hilton Old town

We will be arriving from Canada this Saturday.

We have Euro but would like to know how much for a taxi from the airport to Hilton Old town and is it easy to get crown money at the airport. Many thanks

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Prague airport to Hilton Old town

Hello canadiantraveller009,

depends which taxi are you going to use. Hotel taxi pick-up service will cost you 900,- CZk and it is necessary to order it in advance.

Regular taxi like AAA or 111 (only official ones at the airport) should charge you up to 600,- CZk plus with 111 you should get the discount voucher for your way back to apt. There is also a CEDAZ shuttle for 130,- CZk per person

cedaz.cz/public-shuttle-bus-from-airport-to-…

Enjoy the Prague and have fun :)

Edited: 6:10 pm, September 06, 2012
Los Angeles
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Prague airport to Hilton Old town

My husband and I used AAA Taxi services from the airport to old town and we got ripped off, even though they are supposed to have "fixed rates". We were initially told by the lady at their counter outside the arrivals terminal at the airport that it would cost 500 czk, then 5 minutes later another lady at the counter said 650 czk. We told her that we'd pay with credit card and she said that would be fine. When we got to our hotel in Old Town the taxi driver said the total was 720 czk (which we realized after talking to many locals was MUCH more than what it should have cost - it should have been between 400-550 czk) and he refused to take our credit card! His refusal to accept the card was most likely because he over charged us and he wanted to keep the money. We tried calling and emailing AAA to complain but they weren't helpful AT ALL.

All in all, our experience with AAA Taxi service was horrible. We wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Edited: 6:37 am, September 07, 2012
Prague, Czech...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Prague airport to Hilton Old town

Dear Kaym1123,

We have received your complaint. But you did not have a receipt that you actually used the taxi AAA. Our Company AAA radio complaint is still under investigation. In this case, we communicated with you by e-mail and telephone. At the Prague airport are 2 taxi companies, AAA radiotaxi and 111 radiocabtaxi and they are very similar. You can not prove a ride with AAA radio, but we are dealing with your complaint. Your statement is premature.

AAA radiotaxi

Ing. Ales Dočkal, airport@aaataxi.cz

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,049 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Prague airport to Hilton Old town

I think AAA airport taxis are very good, but I don't use credit card and if in doubt, I ask for a receipt....not been ripped off yet, and their return service to the airport with 47% discount is reliable as long as you order the taxi by phone.

And talking to locals, who most likely don't use taxis that much, 400 crowns to the centre is a very unrealistic fare.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
33 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Prague airport to Hilton Old town

Tilly41 is right, 400 from the airport to town center would be very cheap - I don't know of any taxis that make the run that cheaply. Not saying there aren't some, but not the "official" ones.

Don't worry about using the taxi counter in the airport - go out to the taxi line outside of the terminal and talk to the first driver. Tell him where you are going (or show him a printout of your hotel if communication is an issue), and he will almost always tell you what the charge will be.

Realistically, to get into the heart of Prague you are looking at 600-700 czk - the official taxis at the airport will give you a receipt when you get to your destination, do be sure to get this.

Note, if you feel like you are being ripped off (whether on the charge itself, or if the driver took the "long way"), you can always get someone from the front desk of the hotel to help you - trust me, that will cut off any potential problems.

All of that being said, I make my living going to Czech Republic, and I have never actually had a problem. The Czech government has made a serious effort to clean up the crooked taxi drivers (at the very least, the crooked ones at the main tourist sites).

Prague, Czech...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Prague airport to Hilton Old town

Dear Kaym1123,

We checked GPS of our drivers. According to the results of the GPS went on that time only one car of AAA radiotaxi from the airport to the street Štupartská. Here is a listing of his taximeter:

Date

September 4, 2012

Departure time

14:08

Time of arrival

14:39

Journey time (min)

0:28

Km distance

Starting rate

40, - CZK

Price ride according km (1km/28, - CZK)

447, - CZK

Price for waiting (1 min / 6, - CZK)

124, - CZK

Total price

611, - CZK

Price was not therefore 720, - CZK, but only 611 CZK. Publication of your "experience" with AAA radiotaxi are grossly damaged our company AAA radiotaxi and we want you to publication of an apology.

AAA radiotaxi

Ing. Ales Dočkal, airport@aaataxi.cz

New Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Prague airport to Hilton Old town

I just went on the website for shuttle bus to airport and they do not transport to hotels any more only to city center. They suggested AAA.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,049 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Prague airport to Hilton Old town

If you mean Cedaz, then no, only to the centre, near Namesti Republiky (by Hilton Old Town)

Private shuttles will take you anywhere you want. Or taxis.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,049 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Prague airport to Hilton Old town

Ales_AAA....can you please explain

Price for waiting...that's 20 minutes for 124 Kc......how can you charge this amount when the whole ride was only 31 minutes....I don't understand.

Edited: 8:28 am, September 11, 2012
Prague, Czech...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Prague airport to Hilton Old town

Every taximeter is set up the way that if the speed of a car is lower then 4 km / hrs. it starts counting a waiting time (in traffic jam, at cross roads etc.).