We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smart Wings airline

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Smart Wings airline

Hi,

Unfortunately, Czech airlines have interrupted flights from Larnaca to Prague and there is a new airline called Smart Wings that will operate all the flights from Larnaca to Prague.

I need your feedback about the quality and the service of this airline please. As we love Prague we will most probably be using them to visit beautiful Prague.

Thanks

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,252 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smart Wings airline

just fine

Prague, Hlavni...
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smart Wings airline

I think it's low cost, so no luxury, but it's ok

Newport Ri
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Smart Wings airline

I'm thinking of using Smart Wings to fly from Prague to Rome in July and hope to hear some recent reviews from travelers. The Forum reviews are mostly several years old. From what I've seen, the reliability of the budget airlines fluctuates significantly - they seem to go out of business and/or cancel flights at the last minute. Smart Wings seems to have been around for quite a while. I want to travel safely and don't want there to be a significant risk of last minute cancellation and I need a low-cost fare. Otherwise, I'll have to sit up in a train for about 20 hours. Hope some recent travelers will post some opinions.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,555 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smart Wings airline

In terms of safety low cost airlines in Europe are just as safe as all other legacy carriers. No problem there.

As for cancellation, one can never predict what will happen on the day.

You have another choice for low cost and that's Wizzair, but they fly only 4 times a week, while Smartwings fly everyday.

I hope you'll get a recent travellers's opinion but I would not bet on it.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smart Wings airline

Try the Air Travel forum someone there may have used them more recently

Newport Ri
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Smart Wings airline

Thank you. I'll just keep an eye out for reports of major problems as the time draws nearer. Otherwise, sounds like Smart Wings might be a reasonable choice.

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
2 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smart Wings airline

I am also concerned about Smart Wings, I have a flight from Prague to Rome on Saturday June 16, I hope they don't cancel for not selling enough seats or any other reason.

E K
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Smart Wings airline

We have booked our flight to Rome in March and it has been cancelled 4 weeks before our departure! They have booked us automaticaly on the next day flight without asking ! The customer service is very slow to answer your questions and now we will have to wait up to 3 weeks for the refund. As you can understand I am NOT impressed and will not be using them again!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,555 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smart Wings airline

This sort of thing happens with other airlines as well and not only with Smartwings....so what are you going to do with your refund? Book with someone else or leave Rome out of your itinerary.

4 weeks is plenty of time to rejig your schedule. To me this would not be a deal breaker.

E K
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Smart Wings airline

Must say this has never happened to us. We will book our flight with someone else for Monday nioght as we already have another flight to south of Italy on Tuesday afternoon.

Yes, I agree 4 weeks is plenty of time to rebook but the prices are quite high so close to the date.