We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days of pure delight

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
63 reviews
73 helpful votes
Two days of pure delight

As Prague was the dessert at the end of my trip and a lifetime dream to see, I chose a tour guide to go with me for two days on a sightseeing yes but mostly on a historical, political, getting to know the Czechs and the context in which this country and city became what it is today. I hired a Czech woman who tailored the two days around what I wanted to the perfection. I feel like I'll leave this country understanding what it went thru and where it is aspiring to go.

Her name is Martina and she can be reached at the e-mail adress below. She does individual tours as well as groups but the fact is she knows a looot and you would have advantage to be curious and ask questions! I was totally amazed by the passion she has for her country.

martina.cerm@yahoo.com to contact her and if you do, tell her I said hello :)

I never did anything like this before but she was totally worth the effort.

Virginia
Level Contributor
70 posts
44 reviews
59 helpful votes
1. Re: Two days of pure delight

I concur. Martina gave my family of five (three children under age 11) a tour that was interesting, responsive, relaxed, and enjoyable. She asked questions to engage my kids and chose some specific destinations just for them, but did not push them when they lost interest, and instead continued her excellent commentary for the adults. She was great at balancing the different needs of a 4 year old and a 40 year old. Her advice about what to do and see in Prague was very helpful to us even after the tour and allowed us to make good use of our time in the city. When we met Martina, we hadn't even found the Tourist office yet, despite walking by it twice and having it on our maps; of course with Martina, she not only pointed it out instantly but also took us inside, showed us a mural with some great historical context and took everything up a notch over what we would learn on our own. She just made our trip much more efficient and satisfying. Her English is great, as is her knowledge of European history and Prague itself. Her website is www.praguetourguides.com.

2. Re: Two days of pure delight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 10, 2014