We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praha hl.n. (Autobusová St. Wilsonova)

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Topic

I am looking at a train ticket from

to Munich HBf and have 2 questions.

The db lists 'Praha hl.n. (Autobusová St. Wilsonova)' as where the train originates. What is this? Is it a train or a bus and where is it?

It also lists the following: What is this and is it a special train and something I want?

Europa-Spezial Tschechien

Train-specific booking. Exchange/return: EUR 15; excluded from the first day of validity

Train with reservation obligation included (Fare incl. Res.), Through reservation not free of charge.

Any assistance explaining this before I buy a ticket would be greatly appreciated....quick response so appreciated. G in U.S.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Praha hl.n. (Autobusová St. Wilsonova)

I is basically the roof of the main train station Hlavni Nadrazi.The tansport is a bus ( a very nice modern one)as far as I am aware and they leave from just outside the Old train station exit/entrance on Wilsonova, you MUST enter through the train station. The second bit i have no idea about bit i am sure someone will come on with that info

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,974 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Praha hl.n. (Autobusová St. Wilsonova)

on second thought it may leave from the large bus area opposite the Old entrance /exit ,this still can be reached from the traim station,Wilsonova is a very busy main troad i would not like to cross ot with luggage

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,968 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Praha hl.n. (Autobusová St. Wilsonova)

You are looking at German railways website.....a special offer from Prague to Munich 29 euros by direct German railways bus (leaves from outside of the main railway station in Prague.

The ticket is restricted to a date and time for which it was bought for. If you change your mind and don't want to use the connection, you can return the ticket but will have to pay 15 euros. You cannot return it on the day of travel but up to the date of travel.

If you want to take a direct train (there are 2) best buy the ticket from the Czech railways - it is much cheaper - only 20 euros. But the ticket is restricted and no exchange.

https://www.cd.cz/eshop/

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,075 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Praha hl.n. (Autobusová St. Wilsonova)

The train is cheaper, but takes longer. The bus is probably more comfortable, though.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Praha hl.n. (Autobusová St. Wilsonova)

Yes it is outside the main station above and opposite the walk-in entrance, just follow the bus signs. It is a lovely Mercedes motor coach and quite cushy with a plush ride. No worries as I've used it many times to/from Germany. And for 2€ you can sip on a Bitburg! :-D

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Praha hl.n. (Autobusová St. Wilsonova)

For clarification, as the departure time nears they bring the bus over to the curbside right at the doorway for loading. There is no crossing over the road to where most of the buses stage. First Class boards through the driver door on the lower level and Coach Class boards from the rear door to the upper level.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Praha hl.n. (Autobusová St. Wilsonova)

where do the dogs board?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Praha hl.n. (Autobusová St. Wilsonova)

Hehe Motsie isn't "Germanized" as our vet says he's too old to go thru the battery of shots required. But it's a good question, something I should look into. :-)

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Praha hl.n. (Autobusová St. Wilsonova)

Thank you All! I understand much better now! Appreciative of your info, time and interest! Happy Valentine's Day!

10. Re: Praha hl.n. (Autobusová St. Wilsonova)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, June 09, 2013