We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at 987 Prague Hotel?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at 987 Prague Hotel?

Hello all, i noticed this hotel 987 Prague Hotel has just opened in january and wondering if anyone has stayed there and please give a review.

Thanks

London
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Has anyone stayed at 987 Prague Hotel?

We just came back from Prague and stayed at 987 Prague hotel. While the room/hotel was fine, these are my comments:

1) Ask for a quiet room in the back - we did this, and could still hear the trams, so I cannot imagine what the front rooms would be like!

2) The reception desk isn't very accomodating- we asked for extra pillows (as the bed was very hard!) and some room service (just tea!) at 11:05pm and the person told us he had no access to the linen room or the bar.

3) We asked for a recommendation for a traditional Czech restaurant and they pointed us to a brochure of a fine dining place really far from the hotel. When we asked for something closer, they said that's all they are allowed to recommend

4) Finally, the clincher was when we asked them to call us a cab to the airport - we had taken a minvan service coming in, and forgot to get the number. They said all they can recommend is the hotel limo service (which even they admitted was VERY expensive) - anything else (even if we had the number), we would have to call ourselves.

The hotel clearly wanted to generate some more money from us on kickbacks - this left a sour taste in my mouth and I would never stay there again. I always believe that the hotel staff can make a city very enchanting - in this case, they were a negative of the experience.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
729 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Has anyone stayed at 987 Prague Hotel?

Hi,

I'm thinking of booking this hotel for a 3 night break as a surprise for my husband in November.

I note that comments about requesting a back room on the Opletalova Street side because of the trams. The noise doesn't worry me too much during the day/evening....but do the trams go on all night ? (In which case I might consider another hotel).

Also, are there decent restaurants nearby seeing as the hotel doesn't have one?

Thanks all.

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Has anyone stayed at 987 Prague Hotel?

trams run though the night intermittently.

Kogo in Slovanksky Dum about 5 minutes walk from the hotel is a good restaurant

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
729 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Has anyone stayed at 987 Prague Hotel?

Oooo, looked at Kogos restaurant - looks lovely! Thanks for your reply.

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Has anyone stayed at 987 Prague Hotel?

you need to book, but in the summer, you can sit outside (if you or the concierge specify when booking). Make sure you book Kogo Slovansky Dum and not Kogo in Havelska street.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
729 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Has anyone stayed at 987 Prague Hotel?

Peb,

Thanks again for your input - can I ask, in your opinion is the 987 a good choice for a first time visitor as far as location goes?

Thanks

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Has anyone stayed at 987 Prague Hotel?

location, it isn't bad, but read the reviews on this site of people who have stayed there - some with some pointing comments and understand that if you are a light sleeper, the trams may keep you awake all night

18. Re: Has anyone stayed at 987 Prague Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 12, 2009