We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague to Krakow train

Royal Oak, Michigan
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Prague to Krakow train

Is it realistic to just buy a ticket at the

station the same day for the day train from

Prague to Krakow (via Katowice)? Or do

I need to make a reservation?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
457 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Prague to Krakow train

LinguineLover,

Thanks for your quick reply and the helpful information. I haven't quite figured out how to use the polrail site yet. May I ask what from and to stations you used? I look forward to reading about your trip.

Midwest USA
Level Contributor
187 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Prague to Krakow train

Hi....

If you access this link

booking.polrail.com/index.php…

You can search quotes and timetables from Prague to Krakow and Krakow to Vienna.

I hope that helps. BTW, I go to Chicago several times a year. I love it there.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
457 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Prague to Krakow train

LinguineLover,

I think I'm getting the hang of the website. Right now you can't reserve beyond March but the schedules and pricing look good. I'm in the market for a 2 berth sleeper as I'm travelling with my husband.

Glad to hear that you're a fan of Chicago.

Thanks again.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
192 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Prague to Krakow train

How easy is it for an English speaker to buy the ticket in Katowice to Krakow? I only have 25 minutes between when my train from Prague arrives and when the train to Krakow leaves.

Midwest USA
Level Contributor
187 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Prague to Krakow train

Why wouldn't you buy the ticket in advance? First, our train on the return trip from Krakow to Prague was late by 30-40 minutes. Let me clarify. We departed Krakow on time. For whatever reason we arrived late. I highly highly highly suggest a direct route.

As far as English speakers, well everyone I interacted with in Poland was extremely nice, I found the Krakow train station area hit or miss on English speakers.

Something I learned there, train platform announcements are made just before departure.

Have fun.

Edited: 4:08 am, May 16, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,333 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Prague to Krakow train

If getting the day train, just buy the ticket all the way through from Prague to Krakow - it costs €41,60 and cannot be bought on-line. You can buy it on the day of travel at the ticket office in Prague, and this ticket is valid on any train between Prague and Krakow, stopping off as many times as you want should you wish to do so, within a one-month period.

Edited: 5:04 am, May 16, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,333 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Prague to Krakow train

Be careful - this is an old thread and the information has changed since it was first posted. If getting the night train it is now possible to book on-line through www.cd.cz/eshop from €40 in a sleeper berth.

It is still not possible to book the other way on-line, though.

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Prague to Krakow train

I am getting confused about what I should do for booking the night train from Prague to Krakow.

I have found two sites that I can actually navigate to book a trip online. One is Polrail, and the other is Czech Transport. The latter is showing a much cheaper price than Polrail for the night train 4 courchette cabin. Is one rail company better than the other?

Also, I gather that I cannot get electronic tickets, so will have to pick them up somehow. I am booking this trip from Canada, and I don't know if I should proceed and ask for courier service, taking the chance that they won't arrive in Canada before I leave for Europe on my trip. Or do I hold off and book the night train once I am in Prague? Is there a chance that the train could be full?

Thanks!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,333 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Prague to Krakow train

Please read post no. 17, which is the cheapest option of all. NO need to go through an agency, and the Czech Railways site is in English. Print the ticket at home.

Edited: 2:55 am, May 22, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Prague to Krakow train

I found the website which I think is where I could buy tickets from Prague to Krakow, but need to have it in English. Is there a way to do that? I was unable to find a way to convert it to English. Thanks.