We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague exists

Baltimore, Maryland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague exists

When you search google for "hop on hop off Prague", a forum post reports that there is no such service, however, I was recently in Prague, and there is in fact a City Sightseeing hop on hop off bus there. Has anyone used this bus? Is it any good?

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague exists

There is a forum post on here saying it does exist (if you search) it states that the cost of 450 CZK is way too expensive for a 2 hour ride ,did you not think to try it when you were there ?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,555 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague exists

the tourist area is relatively small, can't imagine what good would hop on bus do in Prague - it is not London or Paris

Baltimore, Maryland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague exists

I'm in Prague often to see my girlfriend, I just saw the bus zip by. Doesn't hop on hop off issue tickets for 24 hours? I have seen these buses in Amsterdam where I live as well. This would be a better value than just a 2 hour ride for sure.

450 CZK is 20 Euro, not very expensive for me. Perhaps I will go for a ride and report back.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague exists

You would do better getting a one-day travel pass which costs only 100CZK. compared to 450CZK and as Tilly says Prague is a bit small and has very narrow streets for this sort of service .

Baltimore, Maryland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague exists

Tilly41, I have an artificial hip, and find walking painful, especially in cold weather. I usually take bus tours wherever I can find them, but I have never tried City Sight Seeing. Youngsters ;-)

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,987 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague exists

The trouble is that I can't see how the bus will be able to take you to the main sights that are actually worth seeing - i.e. Old Town Square, the Castle, Charles Bridge, etc, etc

But maybe I am wrong - let us know how you got on :)

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,555 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague exists

you go to prague often to see your girlfriend - been recently but clearly must be there again if you just saw the bus whizz by - a touch of advertising perhaps?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,987 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague exists

Oh you cynic!

And it IS expensive - even the one in London costs £20 and you see far more.

A fairer price, taking into account the fact that you wouldn't see very much of Prague, would be about 70 Crowns, but even then you would get a much better tour by tram - cheaper as well.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,555 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague exists

hmmm :)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hop On Hop Off Bus in Prague exists

Here is the answer to your question; walk.

I live in the center and use public transport only when I'm so lazy it would be embarrassing to discuss here on the forum.

This is a great walking city, but it is also blessed with great public transport. The public transport is best for commuters and pickpockets. I expect you're not a commuter nor a pickpocket.

If you area pickpocket, please visit Budapest.