We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tesco

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tesco

Hi could anyone tell me what is Tesco . it seems its an interesting place to exchange money . Any address? thanks

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,293 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tesco

Tesco is a supermarket - food, veggies, cigs, drinks, clothes, electronic stuff, stationery - and that's it. No money exchange, except you can pay by a credit card for your purchases;.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,398 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tesco

If you want a comparison with something closer to home, the one on Narodni used to be K-mart (I don't know if you have them in Canada), and hasn't changed much since then.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,293 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tesco

Maybe Walmart type of a store?

Albuquerque NM
Level Contributor
110 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tesco

Yes, Tesco is a department store like our(US) Walmart. I shopped at Tesco in Andel several times for snacks since I was staying at a hotel nearby for a week. The one in Andel, right outside of the subway stop, has a large supermarket section. If you have time and interested in ordinary citizens' lives, it is an interesting spot to see comparing with what you have in your local area. I was impressed with bread section! Clothing they have is not fashionable at all. The one on Nadroni has a much smaller food section but has a larger selection of household items.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tesco

the Tesco at Narodni trida is now called MY,and has been done up very nicely into a modern dept store,tha basement area is still a Tesco supermarke tand very nice and modern it is too with a very good range of foodstuffs.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tesco

thanks a lot . but someone spoke about exchanging money in Tesco ?

by the way what is M&S? apparently the change money

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,293 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tesco

Marks and Spencer - but that's in england unless I am wrong?

PS you seem to worry about exchange rate too much

8. Re: Tesco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 19, 2010