We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kutna Hora-train from Prague

asbury park, new...
Level Contributor
93 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Kutna Hora-train from Prague

I've read some old posts regarding the train ride from Prague to Kutna Hora. What is the name of the large train station in Prague that services Kutna Hora and should you get off at Sedlac OR Kutna Hora to see the Bone Church? Is there a website to find out the departure and return times back to Prague? We're going to the Opera that evening and can't be late on our return! Thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,773 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kutna Hora-train from Prague

Hlavni is the main train stationfor Kutna hora,if you get off the train at the main kutna hora station it is about a 10 minute walk to the bone church from there.

if you read the old threads then you will probably have seen the instructions i have given on a few of them.

is is about 2 kilometer from the bone church into Kutna Hora itself,an easy straight flat walk till you hit the old town.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,315 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kutna Hora-train from Prague

Look at www.idos.cz for train times (English button bottom right) - make sure you get one of the express trains that take 1 hour. Get there as early as possible as there is plenty to see in Kutná Hora itself as well.

asbury park, new...
Level Contributor
93 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kutna Hora-train from Prague

Many thanks for the information! What is the station Sedlac? I've read that is a stop for the bone church as well. Do you know the stop?

We leave for Prague next week!

asbury park, new...
Level Contributor
93 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kutna Hora-train from Prague

Thank you for the information. This helps a lot!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,315 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kutna Hora-train from Prague

The express train only stops at Kutná Hora, but it is a shortish walk to Sedlec. Tickets cost 97 Crowns each way - less for a group of 2 or more.

Forget about the Sedlec train stop - it is a very small stop which is no good for you on this route.

Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kutna Hora-train from Prague

Me and my partner done this trip last thursday.. we arrived at the main train station at 9.40, walked thru to the ticket office where they speak english well enough to understand that we wanted two return tickets, paid 262 crown for the both of us and were on platform 2 waiting for the !0.00 Brno train with 15 minutes to spare. I'd previously made notes that the direct trains with no changes left at 10, 12 and 2 on the hour. The return train was at 1.01, 3.01 and 5.01. Obviously more but these were the ones within our timescale.

Very simple to get to the bone church, exit station, turn right and then left at the junction about 300 yards. just follow the road up past the Philip Morris ciggy factory and you will see a big church on the left, Opposite is the side road leading to the Ossuary.. gift shops, wc's, tourist buses et al.

We didn't bother going into Kutna Hora but did stop at the pub/restaurant next to the big church. Pint of Kozel for 18k (about 65p in my money). Didn't eat but food going out to the tables looked good, would recommend before the hour train journey back.

Olomouc
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kutna Hora-train from Prague

You can print a simple map with English directions of the walk from Kutna Hora Hlavni Nadrazi station to the bone church from: outsideprague.com/kutna_hora/kutna_hora_dayt…

asbury park, new...
Level Contributor
93 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kutna Hora-train from Prague

That's great information. Thank you so much! We'll be there next week!

asbury park, new...
Level Contributor
93 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kutna Hora-train from Prague

This is the first map of the area I've seen. Many thanks! From what everyone is saying, its very simple. It makes me far more comfortable with the right train informatin and a MAP! Thank you!

Olomouc
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kutna Hora-train from Prague

It really is very simple. There's also a good map on the wall at Kutna Hora train station and the bone church is a very popular site, so you can also use the old trick of following the crowd. (or with your map maybe they'll be following you ;-)