We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kampa Garden?

Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Kampa Garden?

Hi, we are going to Prague the week after Christmas. Finding a place to stay has been a challenge. We found a room at the Kampa Garden Hotel which is close to the Charles Bridge. Has anyone stayed there before, and if so, was it a safe area to stay in?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kampa Garden?

It could hardly be better located in my opinion. Area is very safe...Kamp Island is one of my favorite areas in Prague. Just steps down from Charles Bridge it is an often overlooked, quiet (comparatively) area. Nice restaurants (about 4 or 5) right on the square and a very picturesque beerhall in the hotel U Karlova Mostu called "Pub 1" or "Pivnice 1" in Czech. I've not stayed in your hotel but I would be comfortable booking there, knowing the area. Also on the island is a very pleasant riverside park. Have fun...a great location.

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kampa Garden?

Kampa Garden is newly opened. There is one satisfied reviewer on this site in the reviews section

Midlands
Level Contributor
76 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kampa Garden?

I returned from a 3 night stay at the Kampa Garden yesterday and would not hesitate to recommend it. The Hotel has just opened and everything is new, fresh, and spotlessly clean. The rooms have nice bathrooms, minibar, TVs and safes and are well heated (an absolute necessity).

It is situated right next to the Charles bridge which is very central and we did not need to use public transport at all; we could easilly walk to Wenceslas Square, Old Town Square, The Castle and the Lesser Town area. There is no bar or restaurant in the Hotel but this is not a problem as there are hundreds of reasonable priced places to eat in the city; we particularly liked the hearty Gulash at the Pub 1 opposite the Kampa Garden.

The Kampa area is very quiet and I shall certainly stay there again if I return to Prague.

Germany
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kampa Garden?

Hello, I was wondering how you booked this hotel? My parents would like to stay there when they visit Prague but I can't find a direct link so I was hoping you could recommend how you booked it.

This isn't the same hotel as Best Western Kampa Garden right?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kampa Garden?

No, it is a totally different hotel. I found it on hotelsprague.cz/hotelkampa

Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kampa Garden?

No, it is a totally different hotel. I found it on hotelsprague.cz/kampagarden

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kampa Garden?

Best Western is called Kinsky Garden, not Kampa Garden

Germany
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kampa Garden?

Okay, thanks for your help!

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
992 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kampa Garden?

Am thinking of staying in the Kamapa Garden for my trip in a couple of weeks time as they have a good deal on at the moment. Does any one know if the hotel has a website? I've done a bit of searching but can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kampa Garden?

gregnjeanie,

there is also a hotel in this area called the best western kampa,

stayed there last year and it was very nice