We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants that cater for 'Celiacs'

Belfast
1 post
Save Topic
Restaurants that cater for 'Celiacs'

Does anybody know of restaurants in Prague that cater for Celiacs i.e. No flour or wheat used in cooking.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants that cater for 'Celiacs'

don't know about resturants,but there is a Celiacs support group in the Czech republic

http://www.celiac.cz/ but the site has no english translation.they can be contacted at info@celiac.cz

hope this helps.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants that cater for 'Celiacs'

My husband (god that sounds odd) is a coeliac and we got married in Prague. For our reception we chose La Perle in the dancing building (www.laperle.cz) upmarket and nice coped very well with our nightmare catering requirement, (2 x coeliac, 2 x vegetarian, and 2 x dairy intolerant out of 22 guests). However I would forward warn them if you plan to eat here. We also travelled the rest of the country and managed fairly well. However he lived generally on Steak and chips, we did make a few blips on ordering.

The coeliac Czech website is good, and you can print out a restaurant card which explains what you can eat, my wedding co-ordinator reliably informed it made sense before we tried it.

One word of warning, you shouldn't really struggle in Prague itself but outside, try to view the german menu as well, and look for Schnitzel, which is generally breaded and fried. In Czech avoid anything Smazeny or rizek (Can't remember what they translate as but know you can't eat it, think one is fried and one battered). My rule was check the English version, then look at both german and czech and look for key words.

Shout if you need more help. We survive 4 weeks in Czech republic and husband didn't suffer at all.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants that cater for 'Celiacs'

Czech coeliac site now has english translate look out for flag.