We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watch out - thieves about - but do they care?

Little Aston...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Watch out - thieves about - but do they care?

Just been to Prague on a long weekend break, the Metro is rife with thieves, especially at the main interchanges in the centre. They operate in teams, surrounding you and jostle around, getting into your bags and pockets. It happened to us 3 times, and I am now minus one digital camera. The police are totally disinterested, and the locals just shrug as they see it happening - what do they care about us tourists.

Been talking to others who say it's happened to them too. In over 30 years of travel, it's the first time I've experienced this. Is it just Prague, or is it a sign of the times?

London
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Watch out - thieves about - but do they care?

Thats not good to hear. I am planning to go by myself. Were you in a group or alone, and how old were these pick-pocketers? I mean were they young kids?

lancs uk
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Watch out - thieves about - but do they care?

dont be put off, just be aware who is around you in busy places, bus stops tram and metro stations and the astronomical clock where you find tourists paying more attention to the clock than their valuables, as for their ages i have seen them in groups of six or seven ageing from young teens to women in their late sixties early seventies. cya

CT
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watch out - thieves about - but do they care?

i have been going to praha by myself for the last 2 years.......and i am a woman. I have never had a problem. I present myself as someone who knows where they are going and what they are doing.

judi

4. Re: Watch out - thieves about - but do they care?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, May 21, 2009