We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area of Andel Design Hotel

liverpool
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Area of Andel Design Hotel

Hi,

We will be visiting Prague at the end of September, and will be staying in an apartment near the Andel Design Hotel.

Can anyone recommend places to eat and drink in this area.

Is it worth a visit to the brewery nearby

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Andel
Andel
303 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Hotel Residence Agnes
Hotel Residence Agnes
#1 of 650 hotels in Prague
Hotel Pod Vezi
Hotel Pod Vezi
#2 of 650 hotels in Prague
Unitas Hotel
Unitas Hotel
#5 of 650 hotels in Prague
essex gb
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area of Andel Design Hotel

Hello

We've just returned from Prague having stayed at Andel's Hotel.

Eating & drinking:

Turn left out of the hotel, at the end of the road there is a big shopping mall with restaurants & cafes on the top floor. There is also a small square on the left hand side with a couple bars. We tried "Jet Set"....quite cheap, but only average food. Also if you turn right at the end of the road towards the mall, it's a short walk to several other bars & cafes....mainly pizzarias (which are also abundant in the town centre!).

Brewery:

We didn't tour the brewery, but had a drink there. Although only a short walk from the hotel it's in quite a tatty area. Far better to spend your time visiting the the old town centre.

Getting about:

Use the metro to get into town, only takes 10 mins & you seldom have to wait more than 2 or 3 mins for a train. Only 80 crowns (less than 2 quid) for a 24 hour ticket which you can buy at the tobacconist in the station or from ticket machine, but you do need coins for the machines. We used the trams too, not that easy to work out the routes & we went on several "mystery" rides, but that was all part of the fun. The service is very frequent & you can soon get back to the main centre.

Andel's Hotel:

Friendly English speaking staff. Clean bright modern rooms. Good breakfasts to set you up for the day. Free use of internet (at a pc near the reception desk).

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
liverpool
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Area of Andel Design Hotel

Thanks Brozzers, thats really helpfull.

UK
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Area of Andel Design Hotel

That is really good to hear. We are off to Prague next Februay and staying at the Andels Design Hotel.

Any more tips?!

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Area of Andel Design Hotel

I stayed at the Andel's in August-

Ask the hotel to arrange for a taxi to pick you up at the airport or train station where you will be arriving. They can charge to your hotel bill-keeping you from having to have bad exchange rates at the airport or train station.

You can stock up on snacks and bottled water at the grocery store in the mall at the end of the street. You need a 10 cent piece (I know that isn't the correct term for the money-but you get the idea) to put in the shopping cart. They will change your money for you at the informaiton desk at the door into the store. The bread is good there and they have some premade items.

I disagree with the post that the breakfasts are good at Andel's...but I'm a chef/caterer-and found the quality disappointing and I never saw a service person smile. Hopefully, you will have a better experience.

I liked the restaurant across the Charles Bridge-SQUARE. Very good food, well presented with great service and they were open nearly all day so you could have a coffee and sweet or a full meal either inside or on their terrace.

Czech Republic is famous for its Absinthe-makes a good and interesting gift. :) One of the better ones is the one they call 35-in an artistic bottle.

Mentioned in this post
Charles Bridge
Charles Bridge
58,007 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
essex gb
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Area of Andel Design Hotel

we used www.prague-airport-shuttle.com for transfer to/from hotel. Check out their web site. Very efficient service.

liverpool
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Area of Andel Design Hotel

Alaskaitaly, thanks for the info, was the restraunt by Charles Bridge called SQUARE ?

Mentioned in this post
Charles Bridge
Charles Bridge
58,007 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Area of Andel Design Hotel

Square is the name of the restaurant - in Malostranske namesti. If you like that, you can also try Cihelna Hergetova on Cihelna, not far from the Charles Bridge, run by the same group

Mentioned in this post
Charles Bridge
Charles Bridge
58,007 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Area of Andel Design Hotel

Yes SQUARE was where the last poster said.

As a professional chef, I found many of the restaurants that I tried ok but nothing worth recommending (or going back to)...but I went to SQUARE 4 times in my 10 day stay in Prague.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic