We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis's from airport

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
taxis's from airport

hi all we are staying at the hotel raffaello in november, what i would like to know as its my 1st time in prague, how much would the taxi be from airport to hotel? or should we book a transfer.

UK
Level Contributor
404 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxis's from airport

Paul,

I have been to Prague on three occasions and after reading that the taxi's at the airport can sometimes be a problem with overcharging etc decided to book a transfer.

I would highly recommend the following people:-

http://prague-airport-shuttle.com/

The shuttle service is run by friendly Americans who live in Prague with their Czech wives.

They are a very reliable service (3 times now for me) and are also a useful source of information on your trip in.You will be greeted at arrivals by someone with a sign with your name on it.....even if your flight is delayed!

UK
Level Contributor
404 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxis's from airport

Paul,

I have been to Prague on three occasions and after reading that the taxi's at the airport can sometimes be a problem with overcharging etc decided to book a transfer.

I would highly recommend the following people:-

http://prague-airport-shuttle.com/

The shuttle service is run by friendly Americans who live in Prague with their Czech wives.

They are a very reliable service (3 times now for me) and are also a useful source of information on your trip in.You will be greeted at arrivals by someone with a sign with your name on it.....even if your flight is delayed!

The O.C.in U.S.
Level Contributor
348 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxis's from airport

Check out the Cedaz shuttle-I

believe they have a web site.It's cheaper then a taxi.Just a suggestion-we used it in May.

USA
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxis's from airport

Your Hotel can send a reliable Taxi to meet you at the Airport. I would not get into a taxi without prior palns.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxis's from airport

Wouldn't get a taxi from outside airport or back to it no matter who books it, sorry. Always use cedaz mini bus shuttles and will be our fifth time in Prague next week. I have booked a transfer with website I've booked hotel with for some of our guests but they haven't been to Prague before and arrive after just after midnight.

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxis's from airport

The Fix Airport taxis are not that bad, although their driving leaves a little to be desired. Transfer to Hotel Rafaello should not be more than 800 crowns by taxi from the airport. As stated by others, Cedaz and www.prague-airport-shuttle.com will probably be cheaper, although, unless you are a large group, in Cedaz, you will have other people in the minibus dropped off before you (as Hotel Rafaello is outside the city centre). If you order a taxi from the hotel, enquire as to what happens if your flight is late - www.prague-airport-shuttle.com do wait for you at no extra cost.

On the way back, as the hotel to call you an AAA taxi. Should be no more than 500 crowns back to the airport

New Zealand
Level Contributor
15 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxis's from airport

be careful when booking shuttles, I was in Prague in July as I was a woman travelling on her own and arriving at 11.30pm I thought it was the best safest idea.

I booked and paid prague.shuttle-airport.com to pick me up and they did'nt turn up. I was extremely pissed to find myself stranded at the airport at midnight. In the end with noone turning up I took a cab from the official rank outside the airport it cost me 24euros which I thought was reasonable and much cheaper than the shuttle I had booked. I arrived safely at my hotel for the return trip the hotel organised a car for me which was a bit cheaper but certainly reliable.

I have emailed the shuttle company with no luck and no refund either. My recommendation is just take a taxi or contact your hotel and see if they can arrange something for you. Best of luck.

UK
Level Contributor
404 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxis's from airport

ayejay,

I'm sorry to hear about you bad experience but i think it is important to clarify if you are talking about the same airport shuttle service I am referring to above.

As previously stated I have used them on three occasions with no problems..even when the flight has been delayed.They are very very careful on their website to ensure successful transfers asking for reconfirmations,departure airports,flight numbers etc.How did you pay for the transfer?.I have never had to pay until arrival when I paid in cash. Their site also states-no credit card needed.

The price for 1-3 persons for airport to hotel transfer is 22 euros so this also does not tie in with your "24 euros was much cheaper" statement.

Once again I am sorry for your troubles but because of certain differences on price and in regard to my three successful bookings I think it is important and only fair to the company concerned that we verify if they are the same people that we both booked with.