We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or Airport Shuttle to Hotel??

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi or Airport Shuttle to Hotel??

Which is the better option? I saw on the www.prague-airport-shuttle.com site, that it's $28.00 US dollars (or $56 round trip) from the Airport to the Hotel. I'm staying at Hotel Anna, is this a fair amount? Would a taxi be more economical?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or Airport Shuttle to Hotel??

Financially the cost will be about the same. The shuttle service makes it's reputation for good door to door service and English speaking drivers. The price quoted is the price you pay. This is not always true for a taxi.

Jason

www.livingprague.com

The O.C.in U.S.
Level Contributor
348 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or Airport Shuttle to Hotel??

See about a Cadaz Shuttle bus -there a lot cheaper. Maybe one goes to your hotel or that area?I believe you can get one at airport. We took one to airport from the Namenski Republisy-spelling off-only 90CSK-$4.50 aperson. I think they have a web site.

florida
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or Airport Shuttle to Hotel??

You can arrange your shuttle to your hotel from the airport. You dont have to make a reservation from here. As you come out of customs you will see the sign for transportation.. very easy..

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or Airport Shuttle to Hotel??

Taxi to Hotel Anna will be up to 800 crowns (33 dollars). A taxi back with AAA (arranged by the hotel should be no more than 500 crowns - 20 dollars). The Cedaz shuttle for two people will be the much the same price as www.prague-airport-shuttle.com if you agree to go with other people dropping off to hotels on the way - otherwise a Cedaz shuttle for 2 people will cost 900 crowns. In this way, Prague Airport Shuttle may be cheaper from the airport.

If you don't have too much luggage, you can do the whole journey for 20 crowns plus a 10 crown ticket for luggage (or included in the price of a longer period metro ticket, which will be useful from Hotel Anna). Take the 119 bus from the airport to where it stops at Dejvicka and then the metro to Namesti Miru. Hotel Anna is a 10 minute walk from Namesti Miru

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi or Airport Shuttle to Hotel??

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the GREAT information.

I truly appreciate it! Still haven't decided which way we're going to pick though. . . a few more weeks to go, so I better decide soon!

Thanks again!

chicago, il
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi or Airport Shuttle to Hotel??

Peb-

Does a "3 day" include luggage fees? Maybe buying one of these at the airport might be an attractive option for affordable transportation not only from/to the airport but getting around town?

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi or Airport Shuttle to Hotel??

Should pay 10 crowns extra for luggage each time you travel, so not included in the 250 crown ticket. Basic rule for thumb is that luggage ticket is needed for anything above the size of an aircraft hand luggage limit.