We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soccer matches in Prague

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
133 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Soccer matches in Prague

Hi everyone,

I will be traveling to Prague for the first time from August 26-September 1. Will there be any soccer (fotbal) matches in Prague from August 26 to 31? If so, can you please tell me how I would get tickets? Thank you so much!

ELS

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soccer matches in Prague

Keep an eye on www.ticketpro.cz and use the English Version. Select Sport and there is a link for football. When it gets a bit closer to the date you will find entries here. If you want to order tickets online then the page at www.livingprague.com/htonline.htm will walk you through the process.

Jason

www.livingprague.com

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,374 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Soccer matches in Prague

I have been to the football several times in Prague .try the following websites for info on matches.please be aware the matches can start any time between 10.30am and 9.30 pm.it is usually very cheap to attend the matches and i have never had to buy tickets in advance.the websites also have forums that will give you additional info if you ask.

www.fc-bohemians.cz

www.sparta.cz

www.slavia.cz

the season should have started by then.i have been to matches in August before .

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Soccer matches in Prague

Does anyone know if there are both indoor and outdoor football stadiums in Prague? Do the better teams play primarily in one or the other, or is it based on the season?

Are there any good leagues in action in mid-February?

Jay

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,374 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Soccer matches in Prague

don't know of any indoor stadiums but football should be on in febuary .check my previous posting and the websites there should give you a list of what games are on.

there may also be ice hockey on at that time of year.

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soccer matches in Prague

Only top match in Prague on weekend of August 28th is Sparta v Brno on Saturday night August 27th at 6pm. This match will only attract 4000 odd spectators, so tickets are easily available up to the time of the match at the stadium.

Midwinter break finishes on 12 February and the two Prague fixtures there are

12 Feb - Sparta v Liberec

19 Feb - Slavia v Olomouc, both again run of the mill fixtures that tickets can be bought on the day.

Ice Hockey is also on in February and Slavia have a brand new 18000 seat stadium that is good to see. Unless Slavia play Sparta, again tickets can easily be bought on the day.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
133 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soccer matches in Prague

Thanks so much Peb! That is excellent information. Can you please tell me where the stadium is located so that I know where to go to purchase the tickets? What subway or tram line should I take to get there? We are staying at the Hotel Josef.

Thanks again for your help!

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soccer matches in Prague

Easiest way to get from the Josef is by tram number 8 from outside the Bank Austria building on Namesti Republiky. Take the tram station on the left hand side of the road as you look at the Bank Austria building from the Municipal House side of the road. The tram goes direct (across the river, up to a crossorads and then up the hill), and you get off surprisingly at the tram stop Sparta (the ground is just in front of you). The ticket office is really slow on matchday, as you have to choose the seat you want, and you can buy tickets on the day from 3 hours before the game (and the days beforehand), if you want to avoid the large queue. Quietest areas for a neutral are to go round the back of the stadium to gate 4 and buy tickets for areas H71 to H76 (top tier), which have the advantage for evening games that you can sit in the sun.

After the game, the most pleasnat way back is to cross the road from the stadium and walk straight through the Letna park opposite to arrive back into the city centre via Parizska street

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Soccer matches in Prague

Should add that you should check nearer the date of the actual time the fixture is on. Like in England and Germany, the times and date of fixtures have a habit of being moved around by the television companies.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
133 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Soccer matches in Prague

Hi Peb,

Will I be able to purchase tickets on Friday (the day before the soccer game is scheduled)? If so, what are the hours of the stadium ticket booth?

Thanks so much for your great advice. Your help is much appreciated!

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Soccer matches in Prague

Sparta ticket shop is open 9 till 12 and 1 till 5.30. It is in the same place as the fan shop at the corner of the stadium.