We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Julian or Pension U Medvidku? Help me decide.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
390 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Julian or Pension U Medvidku? Help me decide.

Trying to decide between the two. I have a reservation at U Medvicku, but seems like everyone has great things to say about hotel Julian

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Julian or Pension U Medvidku? Help me decide.

These are quite different types places in different locations. Hotel Julian is better if you want access to Mala Strana. Personally I prefer U Medvidku because of the location right on the Old/New town border and I spend more time in this area. If you stay at U Medvidku, be sure to drop in to the Louvre for lunch one day as it's just around the corner from the hotel.

Jason

www.livingprague.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Julian or Pension U Medvidku? Help me decide.

Thankyou sova. I think I will keep the reservation at U Medvidku. It was my first choice. What other good places to eat should we check out? We will be in Prague for 5 nights.

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Julian or Pension U Medvidku? Help me decide.

About 50 metres to the left of the hotel you will find a 4-way road junction. Walk across into the smallest road (Jilska) and another 20 metres on the right is the "U Vejvodu" beerhall and restaurant. Walk down to the basement for the main hall. Also ask U Medvidku to mark the location of the "H2O" restaurant in Opatovicka. Modern place, international food, quiet area.

Jason