We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone looking for a nice Hotel in Prague at a cheap rate???

Dallas, TX
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone looking for a nice Hotel in Prague at a cheap rate???

I looked under the current hotels that are listed for Prague and I did not see Hotel Victoria on there. My girlfriend and I just returned from Prague and stayed at Hotel Victoria which is off of the main tram route (on Seifertova) and I wanted to let everyone know how great of a deal this hotel is.

I was able to get this room for $80 Euros a night, the rooms are great and were just recently renovated in March of this year (2005). The beds are comfortable, it's a safe surrounding and the staff is friendly. But what really impressed me was that there was a mix-up and they overbooked the hotel so the hotel taxied us to and from another hotel nearby (Amadeus) and bought us dinner for the inconvenience. My only regret was that Victoria was soo much nicer than Amadeus and we did not get to spend every night in Hotel Victoria.

My experiences with trying to find a nice hotel during the summer season was that you were going to pay $150 Euros a night for a nice hotel that was in a decent area. Finding this hotel was a stroke of luck and made my vacation super affordable. I highly recommend it for anyone not wanting to go the hostel route and looking for a nice 3/4 star hotel that is truly a good deal.

Visit the website (http://www.hotelvictoria.cz) to see pics. You can book directly through them or you can go through Astra Accommadations to get a better rate (don't have their site). Someone from TripAdvisor should add this hotel to your list.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone looking for a nice Hotel in Prague at a cheap rate???

Thanks for this great tip.. looks like a good hotel. I read somewhere (on this forum?) that praha 3 ( where the victoria is located) is not a good district to stay in .. or is inconvenient..

How did you find it in terms of the rest of the city and getting around .. we do not want to take cabs!