We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fao Peb7, Sova

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Fao Peb7, Sova

I'm geting married in Prague in August and I've found an apartment called Riverside on Lannova. I couldn't find it on my trusted Prague map but have managed to find it on the net. It looks to me like it's near Svermuv most. Do either of you know if I'm correct and if so is the area ok for my mother to be staying in? (They're on a bit of a budget, but unfortunately I don't know that area).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance for your help

Sarah

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fao Peb7, Sova

Hi Sarah,

The link below takes you to a scaleable map:

www.mapy.cz/search.py…

I wrote a guide to how to use the mapy.cz site at www.livingprague.com/htmap.htm but, for a quick guide to the map you can click on the numbers at the base of the map to change the scale. The red arrows on the side and corner of the map move it in that direction. You would need to move the map to the left to go closer to the centre of town. The biggest road to you is Revolucni and at the end of this road is the Namesti Republiky metro. It's a 5 minute walk from the metro to Lannova.

Jason

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fao Peb7, Sova

Lannova is next to Stefanikov most and not Smermuv most and as Jason says, it is just off Revolucni street, facing a not well kept park and the river.

Lannova is right next to the English church and I park there every sunday morning, so whilst it is safe, I must confess that all the buildings in Lannova are fairly grim, black and most of them are student dormitories for the medical and psychology faculties of the university that are housed in the street; there are no well looking private houses in the entire street. Could it be that the apartment is a student apartment being rented out in the summer?

Either way, I would say that your poor mother coming out of such a location in her best hat before your wedding is probably going to make her cry before and not during the occasion.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fao Peb7, Sova

Thanks guys I'll re-think that one then.