We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Hotel

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Hotel

We are arriving in Prague in two days time, by train from Berlin. Does anyone know whether the train station is within walking distance of the Hilton Hotel, in Pob??? St. near the river?

Thanks.

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Hotel

Hilton hotel is 200 metres from metro Florenc, which is a direct connection (red line) from both Holesovice railway station and the central station.

Come out the metro (exit Sokolovska), go across the street where the tram line is, walk to your left towards the motorway flyover, turn right at the Ceska Sporitelna building, walk on the small street past Kino Atlas and up the stairs past the KPMG building and the Hilton will be in front of you.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Hotel

Thanks so much Prague Expert! Have copied info. and hope we will find it ok tomorrow! Very grateful for your help!

Adelaide

Paris
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Hotel

Sorry to join so directly your discussion, but I have also booked two nights in Hilton Atrium Prague in August and wonder whether it is a good choice , in terms of location and confort etc...

Many thanks for your answer.

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Hotel

Hilton is a big hotel with the necessary corporate comforts that you would expect from an international hotel chain (in other words you could be in a Hilton anywhere, if you like that kind of thing. I have heard that there can be queues for (what has been commented as the very good) breakfast if you go at the wrong time, especially as the hotel is frequentky used for conferences.

The main thing that puts people off is the address, as it is in Prague 8 district and not Prague 1 and people think that it is therefore miles out of the centre. This is not the case, because it is only 200 metres into the Prague 8 district. It is a 20 minute walk to the city centre down what is not the most attractive street in Prague, and this may therefore become a little monotonous if you do it more than twice a day. Don't also have a room at the front, as other users have commented, there is a noisy building site opposite the hotel, probably until the end of the year.

I would suggest that you read the large number of reviews of the hotel on the website here, but if you are into the safety of a big name hotel, you may find the Marriott, Renaissance or Radisson gives the same comorts and are closer to the city centre.

Dallas
Level Contributor
152 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Hotel

I've stayed at the Hilton several times and I find it quite conveniant....I take the metro from Florenc and there's no problem. If you don't want to be taking the metro then you'll have to walk at least 1/2 hour to/from city centre and further to cross the river. Metro is cheap and easy to figure out, could also take the tram which is just a block away.

I think the hotel is excellant and I've never given any thought to staying elsewhere when going to Prague.

Paris
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Hotel

Many thanks for both your points of view.

Hope to enjoy this trip to Prague.